Goodbye Jesus

Me, myself, and schizophrenia

JohnnyWishbone

In 2006 I experienced my first psychotic episode. I have had fair few of them over the years. However every episode was directly linked to religious beliefs, which started at the Mormon church in 2006.

Now, once I was picked up and diognised I was completely dependent on anti psychotic medication to have any normality in life.

I met with the top minds of the schizophrenic profession here in Australia, but they really didn't have any solutions to cure me.

But I had idea's.

I really thought that this mental condition was caused by societal pressures. But I couldn't work out the specific conditions that was sending me off into trips.

I did a lot of self analysis, and conducted inquires on my thinking habits. It took a fucking lot of years, and a great deal of pain to work out a possible cause to schizophrenia.

I finally nailed it down to beliefs itself.

So I started a process of eliminating my belief habits, then I went off all my meds. I am still in testing phase ATM but I've got 4 months up, and no relapse. This is very promising, since I've never lasted outside of a month and a half.

What is your null hypothesis for this clinical trial (of one) you are conducting yourself?

Does your doctor know you ceased taking your medication?

19 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

What is your null hypothesis for this clinical trial (of one) you are conducting yourself?

Does your doctor know you ceased taking your medication?

Yes, I have a treating GP. I talked to him last week, and he's encouraged by my findings. We are meeting up in 3 more weeks to see how much progress I've made.

As for my complete analysis. I think it's best I wait 6 months, most likely up to a year. Then I'll publish something about this specific illness.

The old adage is important. "If it works, great; If it doesn't  stop doing it; "  try something different.

Seems like you presently are on a good path. Keep it up :)  Debilitating ideas are difficult for most anyone to overcome.

13 hours ago, pantheory said:

The old adage is important. "If it works, great; If it doesn't  stop doing it; "  try something different.

Seems like you presently are on a good path. Keep it up :)  Debilitating ideas are difficult for most anyone to overcome.

Thanks.

My husband had his first psychotic episode 2 years ago. I blame the fundamentalist religious beliefs with which he was raised.

Did your psychotic episodes include religious hallucinations?

My husband began to experience demons and was convinced he was going to hell. He believed there was an invisible war going on between two invisible kingdoms over his invisible soul. It was bizarre to watch.

He spent a month in a mental hospital on meds (thank goodness for Australia’s free health care).

With Satan lurking around every corner, and god as a giant survelliance camera in the sky, it’s no wonder that many of us became crippled with anxiety and danced around the edge of sanity.

My husband still clings to his faith, and is fighting against his rational nature. Cognitive dissonance is not psychologically healthy.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 10:09 PM, LostinParis said:

My husband had his first psychotic episode 2 years ago. I blame the fundamentalist religious beliefs with which he was raised.

Did your psychotic episodes include religious hallucinations?

My husband began to experience demons and was convinced he was going to hell. He believed there was an invisible war going on between two invisible kingdoms over his invisible soul. It was bizarre to watch.

He spent a month in a mental hospital on meds (thank goodness for Australia’s free health care).

With Satan lurking around every corner, and god as a giant survelliance camera in the sky, it’s no wonder that many of us became crippled with anxiety and danced around the edge of sanity.

My husband still clings to his faith, and is fighting against his rational nature. Cognitive dissonance is not psychologically healthy.

All my mental projections were based around my belief systems. I had one episode that Aliens were communicating with me, and putting me through test's. But now since I refuse to believe in anything anymore, my mental illness has up and vanished (Along with the paranoia also)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyWishbone said:

All my mental projections were based around my belief systems. I had one episode that Aliens were communicating with me, and putting me through test's. But now since I refuse to believe in anything anymore, my mental illness has up and vanished (Along with the paranoia also)

Woah that’s amazing. I hope your good mental health continues. Wish my husband would discard his beliefs.

5 hours ago, LostinParis said:

Woah that’s amazing. I hope your good mental health continues. Wish my husband would discard his beliefs.

Thank you.