Goodbye Jesus

The Apocryphon of John(Secret Bible Book?)

Abiyoyo

ALL "THEOLOGY"( or Bible "proof" inclined) PERSONNAL!

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS MATERIAL FROM THE NAG HAMMADI LIBRARY.

What is your opinion?

Truth or False documentation?

Is this the Mystery of the Kingdom of God that Jesus spoke concerning?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html

If anyone is confused with some of the terms used in this link refer to below:

This first being is also an æon and has an inner being within itself, known as Ennoea (Thought), Charis (Grace), or Sige (Silence). The split perfect being conceives the second æon, Nus (Mind), within itself. Along with the male Nus comes the female æon Veritas (Truth)

The æons often came in male/female pairs called syzygies, and were frequently numerous (20-30). Two of the most commonly listed æons were Jesus and Sophia. The æons constitute the pleroma, the "region of light". The lowest regions of the pleroma are closest to the darkness; i.e. the physical world.

I wanted to add my thoughts on this as a Christian. I was doing some reasearch about the Bible, the history, and came across this "deleted section" of the books of the Bible. I became interested to see what they said, especially after I saw a "encyclopedia" article about the secretness of these books and the churches deletion of them. I began with James, and was stirred up a little of that situation. I then moved along and found this on the "secret book of John". I got lost at first, until this "speaking" came to John when it seemed that he was in turmoil. Very weird, that the speaker is ultimately giving the whole "mystery of the kingdom of God". The ironic part of the whole thing is that He refers to "the perfect aeon" which in essence is a human by Biblical thought. This is the most "unusual" piece of writting I have ever rad in conjunction with the Bible. The book is supposed to written by John, the same author of Revelations, but completely denied the God of the OT. I almost would assume that assuming the Ot is accurate, John was being told a lie by satan. On the other hand, when I grasped the context of this vision John had, I immediately understood the whole point of Jesus coming. By this book, I guess I would hate to say that the OT is false, but thats what it steers toward, or "misguided". I really makes sense to me though. This "speaker" clearly assures desciptions of "the perfect aeon", which would assumed to be Jesus. Lastly, to me, this would make sense when Jesus says things like I am the way, Am the light etc..Hm.Sheads a different light upon the whole thing doesnt it.

Sheads a different light upon the whole thing doesnt it.

No.

Short, sweet and right to the point.

You crack me up!  :HaHa:

Really?

Actually, at a glance, it sounds like someone trying to explain their experience of conceiving a thought, the workings of the mind (while in a meditative state possibly) in metaphoric terms.

Is the name 'Sophia' not symbolic of wisdom?

Actually, at a glance, it sounds like someone trying to explain their experience of conceiving a thought, the workings of the mind (while in a meditative state possibly) in metaphoric terms. 

Is the name 'Sophia' not symbolic of wisdom?

Indeed it is. The goddess Sophia is symbolic of feminine, intuitive wisdom.

And YoYo's got one critical thing wrong: Jesus is not Sophia's parellel. Logos (masculine, analytical logic) is. The Logos and Sophia fuse together like two sides of the same coin, encompassing a singular entity. A God that is, in essence, all the knowledge in existence. A divine, self-aware information database, if you will.

Jesus is simply a messenger, and nothing more.

Let us give YoYo a little credit. At least s/he is exploring outside of church allowed boundries. Pretty soon YoYo might just find out where the bible really came from. Who knows? It may come to a good end.

I encourage your endeavors, YoYo

chef

Indeed it is. The goddess Sophia is symbolic of feminine, intuitive wisdom.

And YoYo's got one critical thing wrong: Jesus is not Sophia's parellel. Logos (masculine, analytical logic) is. The Logos and Sophia fuse together like two sides of the same coin, encompassing a singular entity. A God that is, in essence, all the knowledge in existence. A divine, self-aware information database, if you will.

Jesus is simply a messenger, and nothing more.

Apologies, the reference used in this topic is from Wikipedia, and is also disclaimed in the article, of the difference of opinion on this matter. Hop that clears this up.

Let us give YoYo a little credit.  At least s/he is exploring outside of church allowed boundries.  Pretty soon YoYo might just find out where the bible really came from. Who knows? It may come to a good end.

chef

Thank you, Chefranden, I was actually doing that this out of the curiousity of the Apocryphonia collection left out of the latter revising of the Bible. Some cliam it was not canincal, others say that the church was keeping private the mystery of the kingdom of God. The latter did make more sense to me as a Christian, in which Jesus told the disciples in the Gospels that they know the mystery of the kingdom of God. In that, I went to the Apocryphon of John, or the Secret Book of John. It was very fasinating, and sad at the same time. This particular writing is in essence proclaiming the "unknown" since creation. Basically, there was "God" in infallible "invisible spirit". He " made another being( all in which that were made by "invisible God" had these certain powers and attributes in a way. Basically then the invisible spirit made the "space " and they were there. Then they had a "spark" being. This spark being was perfect in all also. Then the Mother? Daughter?Something anyhow had a "improper thought" and created this crazy creature and cast it out. This "cast out spirit" is being refered to as the Christian God. Well, then it explains how he made all the things of earth "in arrogance" and basically, made all these beings which are referred to in this article as "angels and demons", which as a Bible believer makes sense. Then, they all gathered and made this aeon called "man" .Yalboath, refered to as our God, being in "arrogance" was jealous and said to all the spirits He created and "man" I am a Jealous God, you will have no Gods before me. "man" was cast into the outer matters of the "paradise Earth. They bound man by matter, in which hads appointed angels as well. Basically then the higher beings seeing Yalboaths "arrogance"placed a "instilling of the mother in man, and his thoughts were above the Angels and demons thoughts because the true light put the "mothers truth and "voice and guidance" inside "man". So, the angels/demons went to adam, and they put a deep sleep on him to search to take out this "special virtueness". Instead they grabbed a bone, and then created woman. Any how, He also says that Yalboath regreted making this creation and sought to Flood the whole earth. The high truth spoke to Noah and commanded him the things of the Bible, but it says that all were in a cloud of His presence, as well as many believer in the "infallable race"(which I determined was Jesus). Then he talks about the "perfect aeon" that he came to the darkness by. He lived through these things of wickedness to teach and warn the "aeons" (humans) and to tell them he has prepared a place for them. It actaully gives a brief description of what we have to do as believers. This I found most interesting, accordingly, we must become as close as possible to the "perfect aeon" and have the Spirit of the Mother?" come up inside of us to reject this worlds standards and trickery. This was most brain rattling o me, being a strong believer in All the Word. I will keep reading until I figure it all out, Weird. very weird. To me though, as a believer in Christ and the OT, I really makes sense from the "character of the OT God, and Jesus.

There's this little thing called, myth................. :Doh:

Let us give YoYo a little credit.  At least s/he is exploring outside of church allowed boundries.  Pretty soon YoYo might just find out where the bible really came from. Who knows? It may come to a good end.

chef

I agree with chef, YoYo. Keep studying, particularly the parts of or on the scriptures that the theological hierarchy insists you shouldn't read.

Frankly, I found the Gospel of Thomas to be quite interesting. Jesus' statements look a lot like the Tao Te Ching.

Oh yeah, it really is a good thing that YoYo's making the attempt. I have a recommended reading list on the Apocrypha/Gnostic Gospels for YoYo if they're so inclined, as well.

So far, YoYo, you've got a decent grasp of the concepts within them. Sophia is the Goddess who erred and mistakenly created the Demiurge (also known as Yaldaboath and Samael), who is identified in Gnostic belief as the human-like God of the OT. The "something that had an improper thought" was God (the one I described in my previous post).

Sophia sprung from his first thought (meaning she split off from him). She became enamoured of her Father (who is neither strictly male nor female) and fell into darkness. In the darkness, she gave birth to the Demiurge, a monstrous parody of the Divine. She later escaped the darkness and found her way back to the Light, abandoning her creation.

Her creation, however, developed a superiority complex. Because in the darkness, there was nothing, he believed he was the only thing in existence. And so, he created a flawed world to rule over, and 7 archons to rule with him. Now, enter the Genesis creation verses here.

And in this light, the OT God throwing Adam and Eve out of Eden suddenly makes much more sense. He didn't want them to eat the fruit because he wanted to keep them ignorant.

To me, this creation story is symbolic of when wisdom becomes darkened by fanaticism, and the damage and misery one leaves behind due to actions done through ignorance and egotism.

And in this light, the OT God throwing Adam and Eve out of Eden suddenly makes much more sense. He didn't want them to eat the fruit because he wanted to keep them ignorant.

Notice my sig line?

:wicked:

Notice my sig line?

:wicked:

Like a fickle god, Loren is known to change his sig line every few months or so. :grin:

His current sig line: Gen. 3:4-5 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Gen. 3:22 And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil."