Goodbye Jesus

An update on my spirituality, it's been awhile

Leo

Hey all,

I't's been a minute since I've been on here. 

My former self was quite the hard atheist and rather confused in a lot of ways. 

I have to admit I'm quite animist these days. Not so much "spirits" in everything, more like everything is alive and conscious.

Admittedly I was in a very bac place when I was on here before. 

I finally got some help that I needed, and as an aside really discovered the whole "universal consciousness" thing.

Orbit -- who probably hasn't been on here in years -- referred to this quite a bit when I was on in 2014 / 2015. 
I admit I wasn't ready then. Whether I am ready now, who knows.

I do know I've been able to reawaken the musical part of myself ... my true self, and use writing music as its own form of meditation.

I think those of us coming away from a monotheistic god can pretty easily go to atheist, maybe not easy of course, but the incel god we worshipped acts like that 16-year-old boy whose girlfriend broke up with him.
"If I can't have you, NOBODY CAN!" 

I see a lot of people, myself included, who leave the fold and then join the other fold ... to be properly atheist, and most of all, to listen to ol' Pizza-face there, and let nobody else have us.

That's a metaphor which came to me when I was outside smoking a dooby, to be honest, but I do think it fits.

That religion would have you be afraid, even as an atheist, to see Gaia as a goddess. 

All I can say to anyone looking on who is where I was, just stay curious. And you don't have to listen to that particular incel telling you if he can't have you, nobody can ... 

Just some rambling thoughts I guess,

Leo

• Like 3

Hi Leo, good to hear from you again.

I was contemplating the immature nature of the bible god last night since I'm going to be with family next week at a funeral. He really is a whiny little brat that likes to kill, and the only way to placate him is with lots of blood. Then he justifies all his petulant tantrums with "Hey, I'm holy. ...bitch". Most humans that we label holy tend to be super kind and good, not set people on fire for some twisted sense of justice.

Actually, a lot of the ancient gods were like that. People wanted to explain the randomness of why shit happens to good people and such, I suppose. Medusa was once a beautiful virgin in service to Athena (goddess of war). Poseidon (god of the ocean) saw her, raped her to spite Athena, and left her there in the temple. Athena saw that she was no longer a virgin (and technically Poseidon's wife now) and booted her out and cursed her to be hideous.

The story of the Odyssey was Homer's way of saying that without the gods, man is nothing. So the cult mindset has been around in many forms for a long time. 

• Like 3

What attracts me to animism or Earth consciousness is that there still is no god in the traditional sense of what a god is. 

We are all just part of the whole, and Earth, which even Neal DeGras Tyson admits is egg-shaped, has given us life. He says "oblate spheroid" and then describes an egg sitting upright. 

I can see things a bit more clearly now because I've gotten some mental health stuff under control, I'm on antidepressants which I should have been on decades ago ... and so much is clearer. I know a lot of people in the energy community would argue with that, but it's worked wonders for me. I'm not drinking a half gal of whiskey every six weeks anymore, the constant nightmares are gone, and far worse things which got me into trouble to begin with have been alleviated.

I also read the Inner Life of Trees and saw the documentary on plant consciousness. I really now do think everything has some kind of life consciousness in it. Rocks, trees, wind, animals, humans, stars, the planet, other creatures we haven't found out about yet. 

And what's funny to me is both the conservative Christians and the CFI people have essentially the same response to that idea. By "same  song", I mean they're singing the same song but different lyrics. You know, if you've played bars as a musician, you can have two drunks singing to that cover you're doing. Each one is singing their heart out, but each is singing totally different words. But they're singing to exactly the same tune.

Hell dude, I even started tuning all my music projects to 432HZ after learning about that stuff. Sounds different, sounds kind of warmer -- not just flat. I think there's something to a lot of this stuff which we didn't really get into before, that both sides are trying to keep covered up. 

Even the whole sonic geometry and the numbers things they've found out. I'm not down with playing to any dogma, but I'm just keeping a lookout on all this. It's very interesting, and certainly those hwho have the knee-jerk oppositional reaction to it perhaps give us more reason to look.

18 hours ago, Leo said:

All I can say to anyone looking on who is where I was, just stay curious. And you don't have to listen to that particular incel telling you if he can't have you, nobody can ... 

Leo

Hi, Leo! Welcome back! 

Here's some of the latest consciousness research those interested in the mysteries of consciousness have been discussing lately (in yeah, nay or not knowing perspectives): 

We've gone over several philosopher's and scientists studying the topic of consciousness pretty much in the order below: 

1) Peter Russell 

2) Donald Hoffman

3) Dean Radin

4) Kirby Surprise

You may want to look through these guys if you haven't already.

• Like 2

Welcome back, Leo. 

Sounds like you are enjoying the place you're at, right now. Glad you're exploring the universal consciousness thing.  Consciousness really is the final frontier of exploration, imo. I enjoy considering that the universe and matter are just a manifestation of consciousness. Or composed of consciousness. Kirby Surprise's book on synchronicity has some pretty fascinating ideas along those lines. 

Maybe add Alan Watts and Michael Talbot to your reading/youtube list (if you like). :) 

I'm glad you are enjoying the freedom to think however you like. Yay for independent thought.

Anyway, have a good day. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leo said:

Hey all,

I't's been a minute since I've been on here. 

My former self was quite the hard atheist and rather confused in a lot of ways. 

I have to admit I'm quite animist these days. Not so much "spirits" in everything, more like everything is alive and conscious.

Admittedly I was in a very bac place when I was on here before. 

I finally got some help that I needed, and as an aside really discovered the whole "universal consciousness" thing.

Orbit -- who probably hasn't been on here in years -- referred to this quite a bit when I was on in 2014 / 2015. 
I admit I wasn't ready then. Whether I am ready now, who knows.

I do know I've been able to reawaken the musical part of myself ... my true self, and use writing music as its own form of meditation.

I think those of us coming away from a monotheistic god can pretty easily go to atheist, maybe not easy of course, but the incel god we worshipped acts like that 16-year-old boy whose girlfriend broke up with him.
"If I can't have you, NOBODY CAN!" 

I see a lot of people, myself included, who leave the fold and then join the other fold ... to be properly atheist, and most of all, to listen to ol' Pizza-face there, and let nobody else have us.

That's a metaphor which came to me when I was outside smoking a dooby, to be honest, but I do think it fits.

That religion would have you be afraid, even as an atheist, to see Gaia as a goddess. 

Leo

Welcome back Leo!!! Glad to see you!

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I like Alan Watts' take on this stuff. Essentially, you are already where you should be. You don't need a discipline, yoga, prayer, religion or any of the "spiritual" trappings we use as not just crutches but as a way to actually put off enlightenment. You don't need it, unless you think you do and cannot accept yourself without paying some dues first. Everyday life is Nirvana when viewed from a different perspective. Of course then, nobody talks about Fight Club, do they?

Namaste, bitches!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.