Goodbye Jesus

Gandhi's views on Religion

Karna

Today, 2nd October, is the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. He is known as the Father of Nation for India. His ways of non-violent opposition to the British Rule, and bringing the entire country together to non-violently fight against the Rule was instrumental in achieving freedom for India.

Nelson Mandela was inspired by Gandhi to fight against apartheid in South Africa. Martin Luther King also visited India and was inspired by Gandhi for his Civil Rights Movement.

On this occasion I found an article about Gandhi's views on Religion. 

https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/mahatma-gandhi-150th-birth-anniversary-recovering-gandhis-religious-vision/article29568533.ece?homepage=true

Gandhi acknowledges that it might be hard to get religion out of our system, since religion is so intrinsically intertwined with culture. But the need of the hour is to have a different approach to religion rather than what we see today.

I hope you all find this article interesting.

Interesting concept.  It is definitely better than fighting over who has the "true" religion.  It seems his "religion", or his "god", is love and respect for all.  A concept, rather than an actual being.  I have always had a lot of respect for him and Jesus.