Goodbye Jesus

Police Investigate Ontario Street Preachers for Their Nasty Comments About Women

Citsonga

My fundy ex-friend used to have even more fundy wackos come by his house. One hot summer day as he was working on his car in his t-shirt, he hears "Nudity! The shame!" as a guy tossed a tract into his car and rode away on a bike. Nudity meant he wasn't covering his arms...

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Fuego said:

My fundy ex-friend used to have even more fundy wackos come by his house. One hot summer day as he was working on his car in his t-shirt, he hears "Nudity! The shame!" as a guy tossed a tract into his car and rode away on a bike. Nudity meant he wasn't covering his arms...

I've heard of some old-timers who thought that it was a sin to bare one's elbows because that could make men think of breasts. That seems like quite an illogical leap to me.

2 hours ago, Citsonga said:

I've heard of some old-timers who thought that it was a sin to bare one's elbows because that could make men think of breasts. That seems like quite an illogical leap to me.

Someone once asked why breasts are supposed to be sexy. They are milk glands, he said. Suppose women had udders with teats on them like a cow? Would men go after that, he asked.

The OP citation reminds me of Brother Jed and Sister Cindy. They used to come to college campuses (and may still) and holler at passing students about being fornicators. At that time they were not married and we were sure Jed was fucking Cindy. The students would gather around and hoot and holler back. Anyway, a woman student he had hollered at and called a whore filed charges against him and he didn't come back. According to Wikipedia, he's still at it, and has his own website.

16 hours ago, Citsonga said:

sin to bare one's elbows because that could make men think of breasts

Too bad we ended up with a religion so damn paranoid about sexuality. There were plenty that celebrated it in the past. We had to get the uptight Middle Eastern tribal taboo one.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Fuego said:

Too bad we ended up with a religion so damn paranoid about sexuality.

Yeah. How could something that feels so good be bad?