Goodbye Jesus

Where Can I Puke?

SkepticOfBible

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...?t=143&start=15

I resent the fact that explanations can be given in here and then you will just use your skeptism to pick it apart and instead of never trying to take the explanations then trying to build upon them to try to figure out what is to be understood.

I give an explanation and basically I just wait for you to blast away with your smarmy skepticism and not listen and or even trust that there has to be an explanation. You only have the American slavery in your mind and frankly have no clue if all those slaves where treated abusively either. You just see slavery and thus it must be evil. Frankly their are married couples in America where the women are slaves in reality in the manner you think of slavery. I see them all the time on COPS on tv.

From what I have learned, Israelites masters were supposed to treat their slaves as equals. [/b]They were not sex slaves or to be abused in anyway the master so desired to treat their slaves. They were slaves to do work. Israelites could buy slaves who were not Israelites and the slaves were not to be misteated, but still treated equal. They were also to be taught Judaism and become converts.

How they treated the slaves were to be a testament on how God wants all people treated. And in fact, there is a saying in the talmud, "A slave is happier being a slave". For one reason is they don't have as much responsibility like their master has. If the master had steak and lobster, then the slave will eat steak and lobster, not SPAM on bread that may or may not be old.

If you graze on that as to how Israelites are to treat slaves instead of trying to come up with the obvious evil Israelite scenario who beats the hell out of his slaves, then maybe you will be able to grasp the beating of the slave, unless you can't help but view the evil Israelites out of your head. How is an honestly good master supposed to get his lazy slave to do work if they decide they don't want to work? Are they supposed to just stop feeding them? They may not get them to work very hard, but enough to get fed. But like people today who have different ways to discipline their kids to act right, so also the slave masters have different ways to get their slaves to act right.

In the forum you are allowed to post as Guest. I don't even know whether to reply to this guy or jst let him live in own fantasy world

:banghead:

he was responding to my posts there, I aperently hit a nerve with him

Check out the post again, some crazy things are being said there. I'm trying to be polite, but I think most of the christians are pissed off...and are ganging up on me. eh, but who cares. None of them have said anything reasonable in the slightest.

Guest stickmangrit

well, whilst Norton is a fairly level headed individual, mike's out of his gorram mind. you're not going to change his mind, so give up on trying. mike believes that whatever Yaweh says is moral because Yaweh said it, and that our only purpose in life is to grovel at Yaweh's feet and tell him how awesome he is (reminds one of the prayer scene in Monty Python's Meaning of Life). many of the other christians have even started to look sideways at him for his views. the best way to deal with mike is to dole out enough rope for the other christians to hang him with. when he goes out on a limb, stating with absolute athourity something like "genocide is perfectly allright if God orders it" or "Slaves are happier being slaves," let him percolate for a while and see what Narsil and koin say about him. those two will likely call him out for you, leaving you to sit back and watch the house of cards collapse. remember kiddies, the number one cause of ex-christians is christians. :pureevil:

BUT REMEMBER:

don't interfere with the infighting! if you do, they will unite against you, leaving you at exactly the point you were before.

I saw something like this on CF when I was lurking on it. Except, it was about US slavery. It made me sick. They said the slaves were fed, clothed, and taken care of by their masters and were better off before slavery than after, and slavery was on the way out anyway by the time the civil war started which was never even about slavery.

They also had a big article about MLK Jr, bashing the man, saying that he was a drug addict, a womaniser, and such a threat to the US that the FBI had a file on him. Fucking morons! I can't even go in there and lurk anymore because I'm too horrified that people think like this.

Taph

Check out the post again, some crazy things are being said there. I'm trying to be polite, but I think most of the christians are pissed off...and are ganging up on me. eh, but who cares. None of them have said anything reasonable in the slightest.

Don't worry me and stick have you got your backs covered. Your last post was great, I was about to write something similar.

many of he other christians have even started to look sideways at him for his views.

Where is that happening?

Slaves are happier being slaves," let him percolate for a while and see what Narsil and koin say about him.

These guys were quiet when he said this. They still see it as fight between "them" and "us"

What will be real interesting if we get a christian like Amanda over there. (Hey Amanda, care to join). Now that will be a sight to see. We already had a bit of preview over here. I think PG isn't a fundie either. He is quite liberal about his belief, cause the other day he was asking me to show him evidence of "Hell as place of eternal torment"

Guest stickmangrit

many of he other christians have even started to look sideways at him for his views.

Where is that happening?

it was in an earlier bit. koin and norton were arguing that morality is derived from Yaweh's character when mike told them they were wrong. this was where he first made the claim that morality is whatever Yaweh deems it to be, and that we should exist only to "glorify god," thus losing any respect i had for him. at that point, koin and Narsil, downplayed of course, kinda started looking sideways at him. given enough rope, mike is perfectly capable of hanging himself, and getting the entire board to turn on him. all he needs is a nudge in the right direction.

it was in an earlier bit. koin and norton were arguing that morality is derived from Yaweh's character when mike told them they were wrong. this was where he first made the claim that morality is whatever Yaweh deems it to be, and that we should exist only to "glorify god," thus losing any respect i had for him. at that point, koin and Narsil, downplayed of course, kinda started looking sideways at him. given enough rope, mike is perfectly capable of hanging himself, and getting the entire board to turn on him. all he needs is a nudge in the right direction.

Found it

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=128&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45[\url]

That certainly was interesting.

At one point of time during the discussion whether god punishes people for unbelief, Mike actually supported my point

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...=139&highlight=

But then he turned sarcy on me when I compared him to "choice" to Muslim one.

BTW welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your visit.

Guest stickmangrit

oh, mike agrees with most of our points against christianity, he just thinks we're evil f***s for seeing them as negatives. he is a fundie nutter if ever one walked the face of the earth.

oh, mike agrees with most of our points against christianity, he just thinks we're evil f***s for seeing them as negatives. he is a fundie nutter if ever one walked the face of the earth.

This isn't as uncommon as you might think among conservative Christians. Conservative Christians who assign a high amount of veracity to the bible and who are also knowledgable enough about their faith to know about the slavery passages will, if pressed, often make defenses for the "pecuilar institution"

The thing is, they don't objectively and honestly evaluate moral issues. They look at what their religion tells them to think, and then try to gather as many facts as possible to support that position. Intellectual integrity means nothing to these people.

It ticks me off because I have made some very inteligent responces there...at least I think they were inteligent, and have resisted the urge to be a smart ass or just bitching at them...which is pretty damned hard with them.

At yet they just get more and more angry with me and keep claiming I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Perhaps its because I'm not being overly polite either, and the fact that I point out things that don't like to deal with.

They have taken to just creating strawmen of my arguments....or ignoring them completly...I'm thinking I'm just wasting my time there. :shrug:

Guest stickmangrit

This isn't as uncommon as you might think among conservative Christians. Conservative Christians who assign a high amount of veracity to the bible and who are also knowledgable enough about their faith to know about the slavery passages will, if pressed, often make defenses for the "pecuilar institution"

The thing is, they don't objectively and honestly evaluate moral issues. They look at what their religion tells them to think, and then try to gather as many facts as possible to support that position. Intellectual integrity means nothing to these people.

but the think is, mike's not even attempting justification. he completely acknowledges the attrocities of the bible, yet claims that they are righteous because Yaweh ordered them. he's like a Landover Baptist parishoner, only without the satire. it's fucking SCARY.

I think "PG" is closet atheist/ex-christians. He seems to posing a lot of questions that a doubter poses.

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...?t=156&start=45

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...?t=139&start=15

What do you guys think?

I think "PG" is closet atheist/ex-christians. He seems to posing a lot of questions that a doubter poses.

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...?t=156&start=45

http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/phpB...?t=139&start=15

What do you guys think?

Yeah, its hard to figure out what side he is arguing for sometimes :scratch:

Mike actually said that slavery was ok, yesterday....It seems if you give him a bit of rope he just throws it right around his neck and hangs himself :wicked: