Goodbye Jesus

Hello...ex-Catholic here

Canada27

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading some of your posts and thought I would like to create a profile and join.  Seems like a nice community of thoughtful, caring people!

Not sure if my path is a little unique.  I grew up in a non-religious household and then started attending Catholic Mass on my own a few years ago.  I went through RCIA and everything and even participated in assisting at Mass.  I decided to be intellectually honest with myself and acknowledge that I probably never truly believed.  I certainly tried hard to force myself but it just never made sense.  I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I was actually in the book store tonight reading a bit of Carl Sagan's Demon-Haunted World and that did make sense!  I think I'm on the right track now.

Anyways, nice to be with you all.

• Like 1

Welcome Canada27

Do I get points for guessing where you are from? :D 

Sounds like you are fortunate and only got a minor dose of the God virus. I've heard Demon Haunted World is a great book. Its on my "to read" list.

Hope you enjoy it here. 

Welcome, Canada27,

Yeah, Christianity depends on faith/belief in Jesus as the Son of God, etc., etc.  Without it, it all evaporates into thin air as I believe you experienced.  I am Glad you were not so far into it that you had to struggle with letting it go as many who were lifetime Christians must.  It can be a difficult ordeal, and I know this from personal experience.

But, thankfully for you, you were not indoctrinated into the religion from birth.  I am glad for you, and am especially glad you saw through it so quickly and dumped the religion in the trash heap where it belongs.

i look forward to hearing more from you.

Quite a mix of people and subjects here.  DIVE RIGHT IN!!  By the way.  If I ever left the USA, Canada is the place I would want to live.

45 minutes ago, Canada27 said:

I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Refreshing, isn't it? And welcome. Do stick around and join in the discussions.

Hello, Canada27, a shout out from another ex-Catholic! 

Welcome fellow Canadian! You're relatively lucky among the crowd here, being raised non religious and being able to see it for what it was. Too many get hooked into it emotionally and it's all downhill from there. Stick around for awhile, we also have a chat room. 

1 hour ago, Canada27 said:

Seems like a nice community of thoughtful, caring people!

Just stay out of the Lion’s Den . . . .  😇

• Haha 2

Hi and welcome from the east coast :)

• Super Moderator

Welcome!!!

Welcome aboard!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the group. I am an ex-Catholic myself. I'd love to hear your deconversion story.