Goodbye Jesus

Is the decline in religious affiliation slowing? Some scholars say maybe

webmdave

• Admin

(RNS) — Three political scientists say Generation Z, broadly defined as Americans born after 1996, doesn’t look any less religious than the millennial generation that came before.

The post Is the decline in religious affiliation slowing? Some scholars say maybe appeared first on Religion News Service.

View the full article

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Joseph Baker's take seems reasonable. Trying to figure this out before the generation hit's late 20's seems somewhat premature. 

I'm always surprised when polls talk to 0.003% of a population, and are happy to claim their sample size allows a clear picture of anything. 

One other reason that wasn't mentioned is the reduction in atheist media. With Hitchens gone, Harris focused on politics, and YouTube channels like the thinking atheist, cosmic skeptic and rationality rules focusing on philosophy, there doesn't seem to be the same quantity or quality of media out there. 

With no new arguments I can completely understand the boredom with the subject. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I know is that my gen Z step sons and friends represent a knowledgeable example. By the time I came around they had already been watching youtube debates, read Harris, Hitchen and Dawkins. Had the opinion that the bible is mythology. I simply entered into an already well founded sense of awareness of the material. They want nothing to do with religion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

All I know is that my gen Z step sons and friends represent a knowledgeable example. By the time I came around they had already been watching youtube debates, read Harris, Hitchen and Dawkins. Had the opinion that the bible is mythology. I simply entered into an already well founded sense of awareness of the material. They want nothing to do with religion. 

Hey, good for them!

• Thanks 1