Goodbye Jesus

Sometimes the answer is “No”

TEG

One of my granddaughters is that age. She'll spend the weekend with us, along with her four siblings, while her folks are away. I'm going to give her some extra hugs. How these things happen is just a mystery to me. How can anyone hurt a child?

And these kinds of things prove to me that the Christian god cannot possibly exist.

• Like 1

You'd think that god would tell us beforehand who was going to do this, and actually protect the child. But no magic... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SAD. Almost unthinkable!

On 2/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, older said:

And these kinds of things prove to me that the Christian god cannot possibly exist.

Given how sadistic the Christian god is and the way that he and Satan used Job and his family as pawns in a game they were playing, I wouldn't necessarily consider travesties like these as an argument for his non-existence.

Things like this still sicken me and give me the idea that the existence of a benevolent god is unlikely. I'm not sure that the same can be said for apathetic or sadistic ones, but I don't have any evidence either way for those.

• 6 months later...

Sometimes I think that many who harm children simply derive pleasure from inflicting grief and pain, and a child is just an easier target.