Goodbye Jesus

Bumper Sticker Activism

Reverend AtheiStar

"I'll give you a hint - it's not a fish" :lmao:

That said, I have two bumper stickers on my car - one is a straight goo' ol' Mjolnir, the other are Odin's ravens playing with a certain fish before having it for lunch :pureevil:

That said, I have two bumper stickers on my car - one is a straight goo' ol' Mjolnir, the other are Odin's ravens playing with a certain fish before having it for lunch :pureevil:

That sounds like a coooool bumper sticker, Thurisaz!

In case you're wondering, yes, my car was vandalized. I documented the damage here:

http://www.reverendatheistar.com/vandals_for_christ.htm[/url]

Somehow, I am not surprised. More great witnesses for the Lard....

You should have seen the funny looks people would make when they read that sticker. It's one of my favorites. : )

You can check out all my stickers on www.cafepress.com/ftlshop

Just in case you're wondering, I'm Reverend Atheistar's wife.

You did exactly what I was going to suggest, Rev, put a plastic cover over the license plate(s).

Just hope that doesn't mean they're going to key the rest of your car...

You did exactly what I was going to suggest, Rev, put a plastic cover over the license plate(s).

You have no idea how long I had been telling him to do that. He's even more hard headed in real life than on the computer.

I have a Darwin fish on my car, and I'm thinking of adding an EvolveFish (the one with the wrench in its hand) to it. My little Darwin fish seems lonely...

I this one's funny, but I've never seen one on a car.

You know, so many people were confused by that. They were like, "If it's not a fish, then what is it?" They would have the most puzzled look on their faces! lol... Even when I said it was a yoni, still the confused face. Ok, it's a VAGINA!!! I swear! Can't you see it?! lol... Damn, you'd never know they came out of one!

Your stickers sound cool. You should take some pics so we can see. Oh, and I agree with the raven's choice for a meal. Yonis are delicious! ;)

In case you're wondering, yes, my car was vandalized. I documented the damage here:

http://www.reverendatheistar.com/vandals_for_christ.htm[/url]

Somehow, I am not surprised. More great witnesses for the Lard....

Yeah, well, if you think of all the things they could have done instead of the piddly shit they opted for, it's not so bad. I always thought my car would get keyed with "Jesus Loves You." We've had the car, though, since April of '04 and the only other thing that happened is that our car got paint balled. I took out some Windex and that was that. I can't even say for certain if it was because we're Atheist. It looked just like a random bored teenager thing.

I have a few religiously related bumper stickers on my car.

I have a "born ok the first time" sticker, as well as a sticker that says: "apathetic agnostic, I dont' know and i don't care."

I also have an ankh sticker with Isis in her bird form flying around it, as well as an eye of horus sticker on my car.

Sounds cool. I've always thought of the back of my cars as blank slates that needed artwork. With Atheism and evolution there's just so many things to say that I feel confined by lack of space! I mean, there's only so many you can put on before it starts looking bad. That's why we tend to cycle ours out for new ones after a while.

It was my wife's idea. It was cheap and effective. We had zero problems after that. The security light worked great, too. It's convenient, as well, because it gets pretty dark around my house. It's nice to pull up and then have a nice, bright light to help guide you.

It's always on my mind. It makes me wish I had some kind of intelligent electric filed around my car that would only zap vandals. I wouldn't want to hit some old lady with a pacemaker and have her heart explode.

I have a Darwin fish on my car, and I'm thinking of adding an EvolveFish (the one with the wrench in its hand) to it. My little Darwin fish seems lonely...

I used to have the static cling evolve fish (they have a wonderful site) on my old car. It was cool, but I always wanted a Darwin fish. Now, after all these years (I've been an Atheist almost ten years) I finally got one. You know from where? At my Mom's hippy vitamin shop/new age book store. This place has a book on just about every religion. They seem to try to cater to everyone. Crosses and pentacles are displayed together. A book of Jesus will be next to a poster on the five chakras and some congos. The basket that held the Darwin fish was next to some glass pyramids that were supposed to have some kind of power. It's kooky in there, but interesting I suppose. I noticed on the same day that they carry Free Inquiry which is published by the Council for Secular Humanism! I was pretty surprised about that!

I this one's funny, but I've never seen one on a car.

lol... I've seen that and have always wanted it. I just don't know if it's a good idea. lol... But hey, I sported Atheism Cures Religious Terrorism for years on my old car!

I've posted it before on these forums, but what the heck... ;)

gr_aufkleber_religionsunter.jpg

Nice! I like it!

Here's my newest sticker:

12999842_240x240_F.jpg

Simple, and to the point.

12999842_240x240_F.jpg

It's nice and I get it, but will other people? I think it'll get the same reception as our "I'll give you a hint, it's not a fish" sticker. It'll be mired in confusion. Beware? Beware of what? Beware of tobacco smokers? Of white, middle-aged men? Of guys who smile like that? Of men who dye their hair and use a ton of gel?

12999842_240x240_F.jpg

I love it. When I was a Christian I was told (through my church of course) that this was some kind of a cult, although nobody had any clue who JR "Bob" Dobbs was, or knew anything about the church of the subgenius. But I have to admit for me it always had sort of a "secret society" mystique about the whole thing because nobody really knew anything about it other than it was represented by a Ward Cleaver looking 50's dude smoking a pipe. To me this was brilliant....

It's nice and I get it, but will other people? I think it'll get the same reception as our "I'll give you a hint, it's not a fish" sticker. It'll be mired in confusion. Beware? Beware of what? Beware of tobacco smokers? Of white, middle-aged men? Of guys who smile like that? Of men who dye their hair and use a ton of gel?

Yes. Beware of all that and much more. The right people always get it. I also have a sticker that says "What Would Tyler Durden Do?" and of course, my namesake sticker (seen in my sig), "All Gods Fail".

The Xtians, Pinks and Normals never get it, never will. :shrug:

Yes. Beware of all that and much more. The right people always get it. I also have a sticker that says "What Would Tyler Durden Do?" and of course, my namesake sticker (seen in my sig), "All Gods Fail".

The Xtians, Pinks and Normals never get it, never will. :shrug:

Well, if its' meant as a wink and a nod to the right people, that's different. Yeah, the Christains and others will just guess and probably get it wrong. They're not in the club, so fuck 'em! lol...

Tyler Durden! I absolutely love that movie! Fight Club rocks! I've watched it quite a few times as you can tell by the present quality of the VHS tape. All Gods Fail... the test of reality. Yup!

Thurisaz,

Is the reactions concerning being an Ex-Christian in Germany different from the States? I always thought of Europe as being more liberal about faith. I like the sticker, way cool!

Taph

Thurisaz,

Is the reactions concerning being an Ex-Christian in Germany different from the States? I always thought of Europe as being more liberal about faith. I like the sticker, way cool!

Yes, for all I can tell Europe, or Germany at least, is much more liberal (apathetic?) about religion than the 4th reich. I've yet to meet anyone showing even the slightest bit of anger about my bumper stickers. As it were, I suppose that most people would only feel infuriated because they think everyone who honors Thor, Odin and the rest of the gang is a neofascist...

...but then, I also display a crossed-out swastika behind my car's back window (couldn't find it as bumper sticker, so I had to improvise), which should deal with this possible misconception.

Oh well, there are a few fanatics here, but outside of the 4th reich imports (Jehoover's witlesses, mor(m)ons et al) who are pretty unimportant over here, just some very few hardcore numbnuts can be found here. And I intend to do my part for making it stay that way. :wicked:

The "worst" thing I experienced here with mainstream jebus cultists is that my hometown is kind of a "generic hotbed" of the cult. I bought those bumper stickers as a response to the countless jebus fish stickers you find over here. However, I've yet to experience any kind of denigration of unbelievers or other telltale signs of fundy-ness. ;)

(Of course I feel tempted to some time in the future buy one of those fishes and stick it to my car standing on its tail to deliver that inconvenient hint to the truth... :fdevil: )

Thurisaz, I like it! :grin:

I still have a spare one - start placing your bid now ;)

And if that fails, and you're ready to order from a German site, that stuff is available from www.nordkraft.net :3:

My bumper sticker shows a christian cross on the left, with the text:

"Every God Is A Myth, Especially Yours"

While driving, I've had people flip me off, try to run me off the road, throw garbage at my windshield, and so on. I'm glad I put a magnetic backing on it so I can take it off at night. In fact, today being Easter, I'm going to go for a cruise, as I suspect I will have my most appreciative audience yet.