Goodbye Jesus

Why do people become pagan?

midniterider

I can relate to a few of these.  Even though I am not a theist, I am still sort of fascinated by other religions, the things people come up with.  As I was sliding into my deconversion, I read a book about taoism and thought, “this is cool.”  It was reassuring to know that everyone does not think the way my mind-controlled social network did growing up.  I could add another, baser reason that people become pagans or adopt other religions:  to get their family’s goat, an act of religious rebellion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Super Moderator

Boredom, most likely. Also much cooler jewelry than the simple cross or crucifix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

But the comment section below the article though... a see a few Christians feeling that others need 'saving' as per usual. :D 

I take it from reading the article, that unlike Christianity which requires you actually believe in the existence of a real God, Paganism doesn't actually require the belief of actual pagan gods?

• Like 1

I think the real question is fairly clearly "can you be a true pagan if you fear hell?"

**ducks and runs away**

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, disillusioned said:

I think the real question is fairly clearly "can you be a true pagan if you fear hell?"

**ducks and runs away**

Biatch get back here and I'll pound you! :P 

• Haha 3

I think I'm becoming more of a clean-cut hippie. I'm not sure what that is exactly, but that's what it feels like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fuego said:

I think I'm becoming more of a clean-cut hippie. I'm not sure what that is exactly, but that's what it feels like. 

That's just about what i've been feeling like lately too! Yeah I can't really define it either But it feels good and natural, So why not go for it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AyahuascaPhoenix said:

That's just about what i've been feeling like lately too! Yeah I can't really define it either But it feels good and natural, So why not go for it?

COOL, MAN!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

But the comment section below the article though... a see a few Christians feeling that others need 'saving' as per usual. :D 

I take it from reading the article, that unlike Christianity which requires you actually believe in the existence of a real God, Paganism doesn't actually require the belief of actual pagan gods?

There 'are' atheist pagans. There are several definitions of pagan....varying from non-religious , to non-abrahamic religion, to witches (the usual thing that comes to mind). There's no pagan bible either ... just whatever you decide to do, believe, practice. There certainly are many pagan books and many gods and goddesses that you dont really have to do anything with. :) 

Not really any requirements in paganism. No Hell to burn in . Unless you want there to be. :) 

I better read the comments section. :)

• Like 1

Maybe people become whatever they want to become or practice whatever they want to practice and then others stick a label to it? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I met some pagans when I lived in Ireland; but these were not the Druids I was looking for.  😁

mid_druids.jpg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I met some pagans when I lived in Ireland; but these were not the Druids I was looking for.  😁

mid_druids.jpg

Was that at band camp? :)

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, Fuego said:

You and me both.....

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.