Goodbye Jesus

Now this is awesome! Dino prints found on roof of cave

LogicalFallacy

Gigantic dinosaur footprints are found on the roof of a cave

Now how does the creationist flood model explain that? Somehow it was mud which dinos walked through which then turned upside down and solidified during a massive flood where the turbulence and tectonic movement was great enough to apparently crack Gondwanaland up in a year??

Put on your best creationist hat and explain it using known geologic processes. If you invoke magic you fail. Everything else goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:22 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Gigantic dinosaur footprints are found on the roof of a cave

Now how does the creationist flood model explain that? Somehow it was mud which dinos walked through which then turned upside down and solidified during a massive flood where the turbulence and tectonic movement was great enough to apparently crack Gondwanaland up in a year??

Put on your best creationist hat and explain it using known geologic processes. If you invoke magic you fail. Everything else goes. 

Do creationists believe in the validity of "Known geologic processes" at all? Most creationists believe that dinosaurs and humans were created at the same time, right? That doesn't fit at all with known geologic processes. It's exactly the opposite of known historical geology since I took that course in college.

Yes, Christians would have to get very creative to explain these footprints on the ceiling of a cave for those who believe in the stories of the old testament.

Here's a possible explanation from another similar cave:

".... [T]he dinosaurs walked on the lake sediment and these imprints were covered in sand.

"In the Mount Morgan caves, the softer lake sediment eroded away and left the harder sandstone in-fills."

https://phys.org/news/2020-02-mystery-dinosaur-footprints-cave-ceiling.html

Creationists are deeply, deeply, brainwashed folk. Essentially they are not in their right mind. I think they should be pitied rather than scorned. Reversing brainwashing is nearly impossible. They have to figure it out on their own and that doesn’t happen very often.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this. That’s awesome! I’m not familiar with Nature Magazine so I’m glad to have a new resource, too. 

That was a mistake. A bunch of Lionel Richie fans were partying in the cave with dinosaur costumes during the 80's. Long story.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, Geezer said:

Creationists are deeply, deeply, brainwashed folk. Essentially they are not in their right mind. I think they should be pitied rather than scorned. Reversing brainwashing is nearly impossible. They have to figure it out on their own and that doesn’t happen very often.

I don't know if you saw the post I made a while back, but there's a guy down here that started a church of evolution just prove his point that evolution requires more faith than christianity, basically. He believes that most of the fossils used to prove evolution were manufactured in China. It's a wild story. A local southern baptist.....

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why, god put the footprints there, of course. All part of his divine plan.

Now, if only his divine plan would involve me winning the lottery and attaining superpowers... 😛

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, Geezer said:

I would totally agee with everything you said but for one thing..."I think they should be pitied".....  I don't!....These same creationists wish everyone who do not agree with their crap to a sentence of being burnt in heat 1000 x hotter than a volcano, day and night with everlasting, eternal suffering from demons!......I think they should be scorned until ALL the churches of this horrible religion is no more for their hatred that they show towards others, and the danger that they pose to others, especially vulnerable children and adults in their care, if you dare disagree with their stupidology...It's their fault if they are too lazy to study science, Being brainwashed by a book and a preacher is the lazy and easy option

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steviejay said:

I would totally agee with everything you said but for one thing..."I think they should be pitied".....  I don't!....These same creationists wish everyone who do not agree with their crap to a sentence of being burnt in heat 1000 x hotter than a volcano, day and night with everlasting, eternal suffering from demons!......I think they should be scorned until ALL the churches of this horrible religion is no more for their hatred that they show towards others, and the danger that they pose to others, especially vulnerable children and adults in their care, if you dare disagree with their stupidology...It's their fault if they are too lazy to study science, Being brainwashed by a book and a preacher is the lazy and easy option

Yeah, some Christians are like that but many Christians,  and religious people in general from my experience, are often gentle folk that would like to convert someone passively to their faith, but only for that person's own good in their opinion. I go to church once in a while, and like to sing the songs and mix with religious folk, but when I do it's usually a women in a small group that occasionally asks me, with a little aggression, Forrest (my first name), what do you believe? And of course I'm a pure atheist but have no ax to grind concerning religions in general because my parents and Christian life was gentle and not demanding. So when asked this question I say that I do not like to discuss my beliefs in public, but say that I will be glad to tell them in a private conversation concerning my beliefs. Such a private conversation with a married woman  separate from her husband would be considered inappropriate by them, so they say "no thank you" and the word gets around. Nobody asks me any more as to what I believe in this group. To me that approach and its results are hilarious. :)

• Like 2