Goodbye Jesus

Slowly Expanding New Feelings To Wife

mick

She already knew that I was struggling with Hell. (She does not really know that I struggle with the whole thing now)

She was questioning me and somehow it came to this topic of Hindu/Buddhist, any non-Christian children/people bound for Hell, etc.

I told her I do not believe that these people go to Hell. I told her that it is demonstrable fact that people essentially believe what their parents teach them consistently, all over the world. (exceptions only prove the rule.) It is silly to think they would go to Hell for that. Ridiculous actually. The concept of Hell is horrible and ridiculous anyways. And the god of OT is created in Man's image not the other way around. (primative Bararian man no less)

My wife just thinks her faith is "stronger" than maine right now. She was talking some friends of ours that might get a divorce. The wife had an afair but is sorry. My wife said to me "The Bible says we should forgive." Knowing that she does not know her OT I said Jehova in the Bible commands that you stone an adulterous wife to death. She angrily said something like "Yeah, but that does'n mean.. cut her self short and got up angrily and said don't talk to me about religion. Somehow she won't even deal with what her Bible says.

If I believed in Hell I would have to say that it is a place for bad Christians, not for anyone else. No where in the Bible does it say that the Hittites pre-Abraham Canaanites, or anyone other than Christians for that matter, were going to Hell. The only place it says something like that is in Psalms. Ps 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. But let's face it, Psalms is nothing more than literary prose. After all it also says Ps 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. The meaning of hell here is subject to interpretation, hell could easily mean that life must be miserable without god.

If there is some complete moron who doesn't believe that hell can be literary prose then look at:

Pr 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Pr 23:14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

Pr 23:15 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.

Well, well, so if we go down into hell we can beat our children with rods and send them to heaven? Nope, it's prose. Hell, just show me any reason I'm going to hell in the bible and I'll show you why I'm not. Hopefully it will be a Christian so I can show him/her why he/she is.

The wife had an afair but is sorry. My wife said to me "The Bible says we should forgive." Knowing that she does not know her OT I said Jehova in the Bible commands that you stone an adulterous wife to death. She angrily said something like "Yeah, but that does'n mean.. cut her self short and got up angrily and said don't talk to me about religion. Somehow she won't even deal with what her Bible says.

Sidenote:

Another "absolute moral" that is far from absolute in the Bible.

OT: stone the adulterer.

NT: "yeh without sin cast the first stone." i.e. forgive the adulterer, let it slide.