Goodbye Jesus

Hooray For South Park

Padreko

The last 3 episodes for this new season of sp have been amazing. I like how they use the cartoon to portrey internal controversies like the voice of chef leaving because he is a scientologist after the "in the closet episode" was pulled after it made fun of scientologists. Then the last two part episode they picked on their own network for censoring the picture of muhumad, but as soon as the blank screen showed, they had Jesus defecating on bush and the american flag. I think they're amazing :-D

The fundies who protested against The Virgin Mary episode successfully got it banned in my country, NZ.

Luckily, I managed to see it.

When I found out that they banned it, I drew an angry cartoon about Virgin Mary. Not only her but all the gods I could think of was put in there.

Even Muhammad.

I'm very annoyed if anyone tries to censor anything I love.

Anyway, SP rocks!

:)

The only show that justified spending $50 a month on cable before I cancelled my subscription. Boy do I miss it. :HappyCry:

I used to live in South Park and I must say that the some of the people there are as strange as the show. I spent 4 hours sitting on the road once waiting for the cops to get a guy out of a tree after he ran a bulldozer through the town hall and shot the mayor in the back.

The fundies who protested against The Virgin Mary episode successfully got it banned in my country, NZ.

i thought they showed it on C4, and that it was their highest rating ever.

Oh, no after the C4 screening, the fundy got their way with that episode.

Now it's illegal to see it.

I'll find a way around it. :)

All I can tell you is that South Park makes me laugh my fucking ass off. The guys in charge are equal opportunity offendors. All I have to say is fuck anyone who can't take a joke. I must say I do get offended the way they make fun of handicapped people, but the religous parodys are great. I think if Jesus was real he'd really have to laugh, especially at the episode where he and Santa were singing Christmas carols together.

post-1423-1145237480_thumb.jpg

As a christian, I saw south park as sick, and it bothered me very much that something so profoundly offensive could be allowed on the air. It was a horrible assault on every value I had. Even though I could choose not to watch it, other people's kids would choose to watch it, and my world and my kid's world was being polluted by it.

Now, I watch it every chance I get, and just laff my effing ass off.

Oh, no after the C4 screening, the fundy got their way with that episode.

Now it's illegal to see it.

I'll find a way around it. :)

Praise Bittorrent!!!!!! :grin:

I''ll ask my friend for a specific site, if he has for Southpark

For me, Southpark was an acquired taste. I became desensitised to it while my brother and sister watched it. Now my bro reckons it goes too far sometimes and feels sick watching parts of it. But then, he's also offended by this: :bj::HaHa:

South Park teaches us to laugh and reminds us that enjoying ourselves can be a good thing. That, and it makes more sense than the Babble :HaHa:

Comedy central are pussies for censoring muhammad though. The Jesus thing was hilarious, but... if it's ok to shgow jesus being crapped on (which of course, it is), then there's nothing wrong with showing muhammad "standing there, looking normal".

I heard Matt and Trey were very disapointed of the censorship.

Agreed. Off-topic as it is, it's disgusting to see how people cave in to Mooselim threats and pressure. Bunch of pussies, indeed.