Goodbye Jesus

Christians Singing "our God Is An Awesome God"

Guest SereneAspiration

Guest SereneAspiration

Right this minute there are like a group of 30-40 Christians singing to the top of their lungs this Easter morning, while walking up and down the road. Windows are open because nights are cool...pisses me off. I heard em' and they aren't even on our street yet!

Right this minute there are like a group of 30-40 Christians singing to the top of their lungs this Easter morning, while walking up and down the road. Windows are open because nights are cool...pisses me off. I heard em' and they aren't even on our street yet!

Put your speaker at your window and turn up AC/DC's Hells Bells. That should be funny; especially if you forward it to the part that says "Satan gitcha, Satan's gonna gitcha!"

also...

a perfect circles 'Judith'

NIN:

head like hole

suck

heresy

march of the pigs...... (very fitting)

:twitch: My gawd, Istar carols?? SA, do you live in the bible belt of FLA? I've never heard of such a thing, that suxs! I'd go with Vigile_del_fuoco1's remedy, it should work best :lmao:

YES, dear Japedo, I do! LOL Home to Pensacola Christian Academy/College and 5 minutes away from Brownsville Revival Church.

"5 minutes away...?" :eek: How do you stand it?!? I'd have to either fire bomb that pit, or kill myself. Peaceful co-existence is out of the question for me. What a fucking nightmare!

What is black and mahogany, looks great on street revelers at odd hours?

The Black and Tan Taliban......

Praise dog!

kL

bear_clonk2.jpg

*looks out window cautiously* (Coast is clear!)

That sure brings back memories. Back when I lived in El Salvador, catholicism was THE way of life for everyone. Every Easter we would be at the beach, and set up these huge palm leaves in front of the house. Then practically everyone on the beach (kids and elderly included) would walk for nearly 2 or more hours in the burning sun from house to house, stopping wherever the palm leaf things were set up, everyone would stand while someone read long-ass passages from the bible and not stopping the procession till we got to the very last house on the beach.

did that every year for nearly ten years.

Not to mention the streets. Most major roads were actually closed down due to the crowds of the faithful marching carrying palm leaves, singing the usual tunes.

Whew, and I complain about cars that go by with their stereos booming. At least I don't have singers except for the occasional group of carolers at xmas. I don't mind them.

*looks out window cautiously* (Coast is clear!)

That sure brings back memories. Back when I lived in El Salvador, catholicism was THE way of life for everyone. Every Easter we would be at the beach, and set up these huge palm leaves in front of the house. Then practically everyone on the beach (kids and elderly included) would walk for nearly 2 or more hours in the burning sun from house to house, stopping wherever the palm leaf things were set up, everyone would stand while someone read long-ass passages from the bible and not stopping the procession till we got to the very last house on the beach.

did that every year for nearly ten years.

Not to mention the streets. Most major roads were actually closed down due to the crowds of the faithful marching carrying palm leaves, singing the usual tunes.

Back when I was a Christian we had some missionaries to El Salvador, the Welbornes. They were from Iowa. Don't know if you know them? I remember when they came to church their poor little kids wore pretty much rags. It was sad. So sad, that my boyfriends mother, at the time, took the kids out and bought them clothes. Though, it was hard to do since the father told the kids not to say what they needed. The Lord would provide.

Taph

YES, dear Japedo, I do! LOL Home to Pensacola Christian Academy/College and 5 minutes away from Brownsville Revival Church.

"5 minutes away...?" :eek: How do you stand it?!? I'd have to either fire bomb that pit, or kill myself. Peaceful co-existence is out of the question for me. What a fucking nightmare!

ROTFLMAO! You took the thoughts out of my mind. :lmao:

Back when I was a Christian we had some missionaries to El Salvador, the Welbornes. They were from Iowa. Don't know if you know them? I remember when they came to church their poor little kids wore pretty much rags. It was sad. So sad, that my boyfriends mother, at the time, took the kids out and bought them clothes. Though, it was hard to do since the father told the kids not to say what they needed. The Lord would provide.

Nope, don't recall any Welbornes. Can relate to seeing the kids in rags. I hate to say that consists of the majority of the Salvadorean population. The "lord will provide" attitude is commonplace too. The economic system in E.S favors the wealthy, makes things harder for the poor (middle class is basically nonexistent).

Its a learned helplessness you'll find pretty much everywhere. My family liked to try and help out as well, but were faced with that attitude at times.

Guest justinfr

This is interesting as it kind of illustrates the insultated church mindset. I was in church this morning (it being Easter and me staying with my parents) and the pastor opened his sermon with the comment:

"We slept with the window open last night. This morning, another church must have been having an outdoor sunrise service because I awoke to the sound of hymns coming through my window. What a great way to start an Easter morning!"

At the time, I didn't really think about that comment critically and only now realized that not everybody might enjoy being woken up by hymns on a long-weekend Sunday morning and, furthermore, sunrise was at 6:30am today, so that would have been hella early to have been woken up!

Like I said, perhaps a good illustration of an insulated perspective.

(Sure hope we don't live in the same town!)

I agree that it sucks to hear religious songs early in the morning. Though I must admit the musical quality of that song is pretty damn good when sung right.

Arrrgh. That would be annoying.

I suggest investing in a pair of earplugs or two in case it occurs again. I would've just shut my window and turned the radio on.

also...

a perfect circles 'Judith'

NIN:

head like hole

suck

heresy

march of the pigs...... (very fitting)

Don't forget XTC's Dear God :HaHa:

Funny how the xtians always seem to forget about this:

Matthew 6:5 - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men.

You shoulda dressed up like Jesus and driven them off with a knotted rope. :lmao:

You know...I never really thought of it this way before, but that's unbelievably obnoxious. "Our God is an aweseome God..." Nice, but what about Muslims, Buddhists, people who don't believe in God... I know I'm just echoing what I guess everyone here would call common sense (and basic respect, IMO), but still...

And what the fuck does

"When he rolls up His sleeves he's not just puttin' on the ritz..."

mean anyway?

This reminds me of some of the people I knew in Kampus Krusade for Khrist...they staged a march through the school to "take back the campus" (for God), proclaiming that it was a "Christian school." That, surprise surprise, went over like a case of antibiotic-resistant pandemic clap...

Guest stickmangrit

ahhh... reminds me of my favorite hymn:

"My god's greater than your god,

My god's greater than yours!

My god is greater

'Cause he eats investigators

My god's greater than yours!"

nothing like singing hymns to the Old Ones in the morning, praying that they eat us first.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!!