Goodbye Jesus

Must Have Blind Faith To Accept Darwinism

HoustonHorn

Heard a pastor say this morning that you must have blind faith to accept Darwinism. It was part of an argument against the reasons people don't believe in God. This particular part was why our intellectual brain makes it hard to belive in God. His argument was that it was more intellectual to believe in God because it didn't take the "blind leap of faith" to accept that Darwinism did. He actually used the term "blind leap of faith". Whereas apparently accepting Jesus walked on water out of faith is ok.

I hear what you are saying my friend. It reminds me of a discussion I had with one of my friends who has become totally lost in Christianity. When I tried to question him about a few issues in which gave me reason to doubt a few things about his religion, he stated that trying to intelectualize religion will only cause you misery. In other words don't think about it, just listen to the pastor and believe what he says. I think he would agree with your above mentioned pastor and not question it. What a bunch of bullshit.

I've heard this arguement before when I was a Christian. It's an old arguement. I swear they don't come up with anything new. I would bet that if you asked him what exactly Darwinism is, he wouldn't know even the specifics. He's just heard this arguement before and is repeating it. It's not like he even came up with this on his own.

Taph

I would bet that if you asked him what exactly Darwinism is, he wouldn't know even the specifics.

Exactly.

<cynism>

Next time I meet such a statement somewhere online, I plan to reply something along the line "Well, whatever this 'Darwinism' is you refer to, one thing is clear: It's not what science says. It's one of those many many cretinist/IDiot strawmen. As you rant against/debunk cretinist propaganda stuff, I therefore conclude that you are actually an 'evolutionist' - welcome to the club!". I wonder whether I'll get any reply at all, and if I do, if there will be at least some meaning in it...

</cynism>

I would bet that if you asked him what exactly Darwinism is

He actually answered that with "Something from nothing" where Christianity was "something from a creator". Yeah, didn't make sense to me either.