Goodbye Jesus

Film

deepblue

Hi all,

I've been thinking a while about the possibility of producing a film to shock the whole "Christian" world. The basic idea is this: to debunk the whole professing church by using the Bible it claims to believe and follow.

It is time for the whole christian scene to be exposed for the lying, superficial, duplicitous, money-grabbing, confusing, hypocritical, obnoxious, disgusting and heretical mess it has become. And the Bible will be used to prove it!! No stone will be left unturned, and even the "big men" such as Billy Graham and Rick Warren will be exposed. I haven't thought of many possible endings, but one idea is to depict virtually the whole church (including numerous well-known figures) dropping into the flames of hell!! The film will prove that the church is damned by its own practices!

I want the film to shock the whole world. It should be so shocking that people will be flocking outside the theatres to go and see it. It will become the talk of town. And the result will be the "world" laughing like crazy at the "church" - from the happy-clappy nonsense of the local baptist church to the stone dead rituals of the catholic church further down the road.

Can you imagine it? I want this film to become a reality. So the question is, how many of you would be interested in such a project?

regards,

Jon Castro

At a small town in Surrey, UK.

Bump

This is a good idea.

:grin:

Hi all,

I've been thinking a while about the possibility of producing a film to shock the whole "Christian" world. The basic idea is this: to debunk the whole professing church by using the Bible it claims to believe and follow.

It is time for the whole christian scene to be exposed for the lying, superficial, duplicitous, money-grabbing, confusing, hypocritical, obnoxious, disgusting and heretical mess it has become. And the Bible will be used to prove it!! No stone will be left unturned, and even the "big men" such as Billy Graham and Rick Warren will be exposed. I haven't thought of many possible endings, but one idea is to depict virtually the whole church (including numerous well-known figures) dropping into the flames of hell!! The film will prove that the church is damned by its own practices!

Have you read the Age of Reason yet? If not, you should. It was a book far ahead of its time that debunks Christianity using the Bible. There are other books that do the same thing, but I consider it a must read.

Thanks Onyx & Amethyst. I'll have to read that book.

Notice I wasn't wanting to debunk Christianity itself - rather the institutions which claim to believe and represent it.

Jon

What I would like to see is a movie or TV program about a group of debaters who debunk all the Christians arguments. It could focus on some sort of contest story line or something like that, but something to draw people in. Maybe a reality-show type format.

frank,

I have been patiently waiting for some stories from you about the televangelists you come in contact with. You just teased us by mentioning this, didn't you? Shame on you!

Would it be a movie like the "Apostle", or documentary style? Either way, I would wholehearted support it.

Taph

Well, more of a documentary than anything else, but some haunting music and nice special effects added in. It would be 2 1/2 - 3 hours long with a dramatic and shocking finish.

Jon.

There is going to be a movie released on the sixth of June called "The Beast" it seems like Brian Flemming has allready beat you to it. But I guess there is nothing wrong with producing two such movies. Good luck!

The Beast movie (Winpedia article)