Goodbye Jesus

Film

deepblue

Hi all,

I've been thinking a while about the possibility of producing a film to shock the whole "Christian" world. The basic idea is this: to debunk the whole professing church by using the Bible it claims to believe and follow.

It is time for the whole christian scene to be exposed for the lying, superficial, duplicitous, money-grabbing, confusing, hypocritical, obnoxious, disgusting and heretical mess it has become. And the Bible will be used to prove it!! No stone will be left unturned, and even the "big men" such as Billy Graham and Rick Warren will be exposed. I haven't thought of many possible endings, but one idea is to depict virtually the whole church (including numerous well-known figures) dropping into the flames of hell!! The film will prove that the church is damned by its own practices!

I want the film to shock the whole world. It should be so shocking that people will be flocking outside the theatres to go and see it. It will become the talk of town. And the result will be the "world" laughing like crazy at the "church" - from the happy-clappy nonsense of the local baptist church to the stone dead rituals of the catholic church further down the road.

Can you imagine it? I want this film to become a reality. So the question is, how many of you would be interested in such a project?

regards,

Jon Castro

At a small town in Surrey, UK.

P.S. This is a copy of the post I made in "Rants & Raves", as it seemed appropiate to put it into this "Creative Works" section as well.

Unfortunately, people don't like to see their beliefs debunked, so something like that would most likely be a huge flop.

Unfortunately, people don't like to see their beliefs debunked, so something like that would most likely be a huge flop.

Not so sure about that, look at The DaVinci Code. It tries to throw a pretty big monkey wrench into the works.

But I don't think it is out to destroy all of it. Have you read it? It is presented as fiction, which makes it safer to begin with. But it doesn't set out to debunk all of everyone's beliefs.

Yes it might be a flop. But I'm not really aiming to debunk Christianity itself - rather the institutions which claim to believe it.

Jon

You could do it as an art film and insert lots of symbolism in it. Controversial low budget art films have gone on to big box office success. When the Christians attack you for it, you can always be snotty to them and say it's because they don't understand art.

Taph

Yeah, I recommend going the symobolic small artsy film route... you'll reach your target audience better that way, too.

I'd love to be involved, but I am in the US and I am not artsy. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished adding my finishing touches to a short slideshow with music. It's up on my site.

Any thoughts? (if you like downloading stuff....). It draws on experience and the Bible and turns it against today's church..

I'm not sure about the Christianity thing anymore. My experience of being in the church was a big disappointment.

Jon

www.antichurch.org.uk