Goodbye Jesus

Damn, Judas!

non conformist

This is a great read. I am sooooo surprised that the church is telling it's followers to treat this ancient scroll as they would The Da Vincci Code...as pure fiction. Anyway, enjoy the artcle.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file...notes041406.DTL

It's witty, but it's a shame that it doesn't go into mcuh detail as to what the new gospel texts say.

Someone posted a link to the complete text last week or so.

It's witty, but it's a shame that it doesn't go into mcuh detail as to what the new gospel texts say.

True...I'm searching for some details. Any suggestions?

I'll park it in my library of "non-canonical" works right next to the Gospel of Thomas, the Acts of Thomas, the Book of Enoch, the Life of Adam and Eve, and the book of Jubilee.

Ok, HanSolo...I've read the text...interesting. I especially found the whole creation part quite...different than what we've been"taught" by the church. :lmao: I love it. Even though Jesus is made up, I would LOVE to sit in on some fundy "discussion" about this. Jesus sounds more like an alien than a saviour. It's a shame discussion is as alien to fundies as Jesus seems to be in the "gospel"

Pretty cool stuff, huh? :)

This Jesus was laughing a lot too. LMFAOJ (Laughing my fucking ass off Jesus)

And I think he lied to them, he was laughing at them, because he knew how much he was fooling them.

This Jesus sounds very much like the guy (can't remember his name right now, I'm going to look it up) that claimed that he was from the future on the web some years ago, and people actually started to believe.

*edit*

John Titor, from 2036: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

(Notice, about 10% still believed that he was from the future when he disappeared. He went away exactly on the day he foretold. *Gasp* :HaHa: )

Yes, I like this Jesus much better....he's not as much of a tight ass as in the other gospels. I could hang out with this guy. He's so lighthearted and fun. Plus he seems to be on some New Age trip that I totally dig! Hell of a guy, this Jesus!

BTW, I had a friend who totally thought John Titor was the new messiah. I kicked him.

:scratch: Why are the church so quick to condemn this new gospel? How many have even read it or know anything about it? Why is this gospel "not inspired" but the others are? Who makes the choice, and why?

If it fits what I believe, then it's inspired. If it doesn't fit what I believe, then it's not inspired.