Goodbye Jesus

Any Other Ex-christians Send Me Some Love?

mick

I referred to the Bible as "That Book". She went fucking nuts. I'm out for 2 weeks now. The beer is helping tho.

I referred to the Bible as "That Book". She went fucking nuts. I'm out for 2 weeks now. The beer is helping tho.

Your wife kicked you out? That's insane. Is it just b/c of your comment on the Bible, or were there other reasons for it as well?

Sorry to hear that mick.

Btw, how did you manage to log on internet? Camping at some friends house?

Hey, Mick, what a pisser. I don't know your situation, but just wondering: who owns the house? Do you own it, or own it jointly? Either way you have a right to be there.

Thomas Jefferson said, "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

In this case, I would say Jefferson was perhaps a bit naive, or perhaps just downplaying the negative aspects of faith in the interest of preserving freedom.

Faith is quite obviously harmful, your neighbor's faith may not pick your pocket (*cough*faith based initiatives*cough*) or break your leg, but it's fairly likely to poison your neighbor's mind against you, and your neighbor's children's minds against your children, or in this case, a man's wife against him.

Same fucking tragedy, played out a million times before. Dumbass faith wrecks everything for no fucking reason, or rather, for lack of fucking reason.

I agree with the Prima Donna behavior. I thought marriage was all about comprimise and adjustments as the each other changes. Sounds like she has some control issues. She expects you to agree with her opinions, but doesn't even try to understand yours. She married you, she should at least trust you to make the right decisions for yourself, even if she doesn't agree with them.

It's your place too, she doesn't have the right to tell you to leave for two weeks and what's with the two weeks? Why isn't it a week, or even two days, or even a couple of hours?

Taph

Aw, mick... I'm so sorry!

Keep us updated, k?

Any reason why it's two weeks and not forever? Or until she feels like it? I guess you two had some time to talk it out, eh?

She may or may not come around... but you know her best so you know what she will probably do.

When I was deconverted before my husband, it never really bothered me (it being the arguments and strain) because I knew that eventually, if I stuck with it and presented myself well and didn't appear to go off the deep end, that he would follow me. And he did. The whole process began about two years earlier for me, and now he's pretty much caught up... except he still has a lot of anger and depression about it. He really wishes he could go back. I'm over it. :) Mostly. Sometimes here and there things get to me, but usually I'm pretty even keel on this stuff.

Sorry to hear that mick.

Btw, how did you manage to log on internet? Camping at some friends house?

Hotel internet, wireless laptop.

She asked me back the same night tho. Things are cool again. She just kind of totally freaked out but quickly repented of it.

wacky 2 days though. WTF, ya know?

Aw, mick... I'm so sorry!

Keep us updated, k?

You know, she was kind of shocked that I actually left when she said to. She asked me back the same night. It actually may have helped a tiny bit in a weird way. She told me today that she loves ME unconditionally and it's not only because of what I believe or don't believe. She does not want me to try and convince her or the kids, but she does not love me any less because I believe differently or not at all.

I do love her and have more hope than I did before. Strange since she threw me out yesterday. She asked me right back though which was nice.

Thanks for all your kind words! :grin:

Good luck! Hope it works out for you. It's a bit of a tricky situation

you're in, so I guess you'll have to take it day-by-day....

It is so strange that religion offers "comfort" and "peace" but when you don't agree with a religious person all hell breaks loose.

Yesterday I ended a friendship with a fundie. Thankfully there was no extreme bond between us(except for several make out sessions)...

But it is different in a marraige when you love the person...That sucks. I wish I could tell you it's going to be easy. But we've all been fundies before and a fundie will fight you tooth and nail.

Good luck!

Awesome, mick! Good news. So she's not crazy after all. ;) I am glad you two have that kind of relationship.

I know that whenever I freak out like that and say I want my husband to take a hike for the evening so I can have some space (this is very rare, BTW.. was more common in the passionate first year of marriage), if he sticks around and pretends to act all lovey dovey, it just annoys me and makes me more angry. If he leaves for just an hour, I end up calling him, repentent, and ready to discuss the issue with a clear, calm mind (if I had a point) or let it go.

You have a lot of trials ahead, I'm sure, but it looks like there may be hope. It sounds like she's willing to be somewhat tolerant. Things CAN be worked out even if one partner is still Christian... don't let anyone tell you you have to get a divorce if she doesn't deconvert too.

Hey, Zoe, I had a similar situation to yours, my husband was not an xian and I was when we got married. I had always given him space to do things (he's a bass player and I'm a former harpist, so I understand musicians). I had tried to convert him to xianity but then gave up and he always encouraged me to examine my beliefs. Well, a month after we got married, he told me he had become an xian! WTF??

After a wild ride with a tiny fundy church that split up, we made our way through another fundy church then joined a liberal Episcopal church for 10 years. When I deconverted, he supported me 100% and still does. If anything, it gave him the freedom to make the break from fundy-ism. He occasionally attends church as he's on the ushering crew and thinks the priest is a good guy but he tells me that he is heading towards athiesm.

Good luck, Mick, with your situation! I haven't had to face that kind of thing with my marriage but I've watched siblings and friends deal with marriage troubles and it is no fun. The fact that she asked you back soon after kicking you out means there's still something there. I wish you the best!