Goodbye Jesus

What Do You Feel Is The Most Agravating Thing A Christian Can Do?

Colin Benson

What do you personally feel would be the most enraging thing a Christian could do to you?

Do you see red when they threaten you with hell? Do you get angry at a Christian's homophobia? Is their ignorace the most annoying thing in the universe?

Guest stickmangrit

What do you personally feel would be the most enraging thing a Christian could do to you?

continue breathing.

Willful ignorance for me. Intentionally shutting down your brain is, and already was for me when I was still a christian, the ultimate insult. The single thing that really sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom is our intellect, and to throw that into the dumpster for whatever reason... :banghead:

Easy.

Step 1. Make you fall in love with her.

Step 2. Fall in love with you.

Step 3. Talk to momma.

Step 4. Tell you that she has to break up with you because you're not a Christian (all the while it's quite obviously breaking her heart.)

Step 5. Agree to talk about it with you.

Step 6. Assert that "rational thought does not apply to the spiritual realm." and refuse to budge even a millimeter, all the while acknowledging that rational arguments completely destroy Christianity -- if they applied -- which they don't.

Hello, Mr. Brain, meet Mr. Nuclear Meltdown.

Guest stickmangrit

Easy.

Step 3. Talk to momma.

Step 4. Tell you that she has to break up with you because you're not a Christian (all the while it's quite obviously breaking her heart.)

Step 6. Assert that "rational thought does not apply to the spiritual realm." and refuse to budge even a millimeter, all the while acknowledging that rational arguments completely destroy Christianity -- if they applied -- which they don't.

fuck, man, that's rough. thank allah i fell for another agnostic.

Most enraging thing?

How about their attempts to drag us back into the dark ages?

i hate nice christians the ones who come too you like your some poor wounded kitten walking down the street and need jesus to heal you. they see you and say whats wrong you look depressed, you got a friend right here and blablabla. and they put their arm around you if they can. i just want to rip it off and beat them with it! just cause i walk down the side walk and dont smile and act all happy. they think im some depressed wounded soul that needs jesus. that fake nice shit drives me nuts.

When your own father who used to make paper airplanes out of the church programs instead of listening to the priest now threatens you with hellfire when you point out absurdities in the bible.

Easy.

Step 3. Talk to momma.

I think this is a pretty good description of the worst thing.

Do you see red when they threaten you with hell? Do you get angry at a Christian's homophobia? Is their ignorace the most annoying thing in the universe?

Just like a Lays potato chip, I can't just have One... :grin:

Just about their entire mindset bothers me. In no particular order..

1) Almost being gleeful at the thought of fellow men/women burning for ever, they could give two shits and actually seem almost jumping for joy about it.

2) They take any sort of legitimate criticism of their bible as an attack from the "enemy" and refuse to acknowledge or address the criticism. .

3) Feel to need to spend hours and days in prayer instead of using that time trying to fix or help things

4) Like to blame all that's wrong with the world on demons,evil forces and of course lowlife mankind.

5) If anything happens good, credit to god, even if it was the lowlife mankind that helped them out.

6) Their condescending self-righteous attitude.

7) Their holy wars

8) Their tribal mentality

9) Their inability to know their bible, and know the history of their own religions, and/or other religions.

10) Their ability to twist and turn love your neighbor or hate the sinner when ever it suits their point of view.

11) Their emotional abuse and manipulation...

I could go on but I digress....

Marry my daughter then go to seminary school then have a coupla kids with her whom he says he wants raised by us loving grandparents if he and my daughter should prematurely kick the bucket then become an Episcopal priest then become a charismatic Episcopal priest then move to the other side of the continent then avoid our references to guardianship for two years then when asked directly about it reply in schmoozy charismatic palaver that actually the grandchildren would be going to any as-yet-unknown charismatic christian family.

Me, for the past three years ----> :vent::twitch::vent::shrug::vent:

People who scare children with threats of hellfire are the lowest of the low.

ETA: The above doesn't affect me directly, but it it affects all of society indirectly.

As to what they could do to me... My blood boils whenever someone tries to "witness" to me in person, and my most-hated topic is the pile of BS known as Original Sin.

Unless it deals with loss of hide or life, there is nothing any sectarian can do to me that aint'a already been done, tried, or succeed at.

I live a creed now:

"The life I have is to be a Bad Example"

Let any xorgist, morgite, jwwitless, etc expend their best on me. I'm gonna ask the cute milf-y older ones for a date and end up stealing the beers from the older males.

After that, the younger ones will get a snootfulla Freedom Bug via Lead Therapy and/or use of motorcyles...

Their spooks cannot bother someone who simply doesn't give a damn.

k, Freeman, L

"Everything happens for a reason."

"God works in mysterious ways."

I don't mind Christians living out their faith as long as it doesn't affect me. But the thing that really gets on my nerves is how some people will just disavow any responsibility for anything or recognize they could do something about it because they are waiting on God to do everything for them.

Easy.

Step 3. Talk to momma.

I once knew someone from India who met this gal from Minnesota.

He was a Hindu, and she came from a fundy family, although for

a while, she wasn't particularly religious. Well, they fell in love,

married and eventually had a son. A couple of years after their

son was born, her fundy parents started working on her, and it

wasn't long before she was back to Jeebus.....

....except that now she was "unequally yoked" with a heathen,

which had also irked her parents to no end. Well, to make a long

story short, she called up the police and accused her husband of

threatening to kill her and her child. Then she promptly vanished

with their son, running all the way back home to her fundy parents.

Meanwhile, her husband was busy explaining to the police that, no,

he wasn't a murderer, and he wasn't planning to kill anybody. That

was followed by a messy divorce, and before I lost touch with him,

he still had no rights to see the child.

So, be thankful she dumped you. It could have been much, much

worse!

So far, for me - all of the above.

Keep 'em coming!

My particular pet peeve: intelligent design. What do you need to say about it? Centuries from now, we'll be laughed at by future generations for still arguing about god making us out of mud. "How could they be so stupid?", the kids will ask their teacher-bots.

And the teacher-bots will say, "They didn't know any better." Thanks, xtians, for making us look like idiots to the future.

My parent's have these friends who make sweeping statements like "you need and instruction manual for life - the Bible is that instruction manual" and "there's more evidence that Jesus existed then there is that Julius Ceaser or Alexander the Great existed!". They then shout me down when I'm trying to debate with them and they always try to get the last word in. Another annoying Born Again habit is quoting "scripture" willy nilly to prove a point.

Those that assert that there is no moral authority without Christianity. It is always fun to then suddenly bring up slavery and genocide...

The other big squick is when people hide behind their religion to cover their own bullshit. Of course, when you call them on their bullshit, they scream persecution.

I'll admit, the "breathing" response was my first instinct in this case. But I think I'm going to have to go with "getting involved in politics." I really don't mind their silly little beliefs if they would just leave ME out of it.

Mine is a personal pet peeve. I have multiple sclerosis and use forearm crutches whenever I leave my house. Encountering xians who tell me they'll pray for me is bad enough, but sometimes I actually thank them (meanwhile thinking anything but "thanks") because I figure they're just well-meaning mush-heads.

What really annoys me are the ones who tell me something along the lines of, "If you have enough faith, God will make you well." :scratch: Yeah, right! Having MS is all my fault; it's my punishment for being an unrepented agnostic.

Needless to say, I'd like to smash them with my crutch -- and their phony-baloney gawd too, if only he were real. But, since I don't have enough balance to enable me to smash heads while standing with just one crutch, I merely turn and hobble away.

Mine is a personal pet peeve. I have multiple sclerosis and use forearm crutches whenever I leave my house. Encountering xians who tell me they'll pray for me is bad enough, but sometimes I actually thank them (meanwhile thinking anything but "thanks") because I figure they're just well-meaning mush-heads.

What really annoys me are the ones who tell me something along the lines of, "If you have enough faith, God will make you well." :scratch: Yeah, right! Having MS is all my fault; it's my punishment for being an unrepented agnostic.

Needless to say, I'd like to smash them with my crutch -- and their phony-baloney gawd too, if only he were real. But, since I don't have enough balance to enable me to smash heads while standing with just one crutch, I merely turn and hobble away.

Possible reply. "Yes I know, but I can't take a break from working up enough faith to get you struck by lighting." :bluegrab:

christians who post a topic thats sure to get everyone stirred up posting responses and questions then dissapear. like mcmilliron for example. if they cant stand the heat they should stay out of the kitchen and not turn the stove on.