Goodbye Jesus

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Ro-bear

Guest Penny

Funny that they ask a bunch of kids in the street and point to their lack of understanding as proof evolutionist's don't know what their talking about.

I'd like to see him interview Carl Sagen or Sam Neil, or hell ... just about anyone here at Ex-C.

Lordy, lordy! What amazingly stoo-pid people. They just can't bring themselves to "believe" in evolution, which is only one of the most widely tested and accepted scientific theories ever postulated, yet they swallow the bible crap hook, line, and sinker, no questioned asked. Sheesh!

I was watching the Christian channel the other day (I know. I have bad taste. I also like women in prison movies. But I digress.) and I saw Cameron paired with Stephen Baldwin, perhaps the most simian of the Baldwin brothers, in some awful Jesus flick. It should be a comfort to mediocre actors everywhere to know that the Christian cinema is available as a fall back option to revive a flagging career.

As I once read, Kirk Cameron went from Growing Pains to being a growing pain.

As I once read, Kirk Cameron went from Growing Pains to being a growing pain.

Now that's an accurate statement!! :lmao:

Guess the jig was up that he couldn't act after Growing Pains ended. This is what happens when personalities start getting desparate and bilking people.

Too bad Christianity is no replacement for talent.

I'd like to see him interview Carl Sagen .....
That isn't possible. :mellow:

Guest justinfr

I think Kirk Cameron has been the person, recently, who has made me most want to slide from agnosticism into outright atheism. Maybe I should get a t-shirt made that says, "Kirk Cameron Made Me An Atheist." Anyway...

Kirk Cameron and that other knob interviewed Hemant Mehta, (aka the e-bay atheist) on Kirk's radio show a few months ago. It's mind-numbing to hear their evangelism schtick, but here it is:

Way of the Master Radio pt 1

Way of the Master Radio pt 2

I started to watch it, but 26 minutes??? I have better things to do with my time. I saw another video right there, Penn & Teller's Bullshit, so I watched a few minutes of that instead. :woohoo:

Gee, wasn't this typical for "creationist" stuff. Everything from citing discredited transitional fossils to misrepresenting the opinions of those scientists who work in the field. But that's not the best part.

No, the best part is how they use people to represent evolution who are clearly unqualified to make a statement about evolution. One of them even thought the big bang was an asteroid striking our planet. And the questions were laughable in that they were designed to make it clear the "students" being asked were not the correct representatives. Like the questions about whether or not they believe we could have evolved from horses or birds. Or the first "pre-human" out of the ocean -- was it male or female.

I had to laugh pretty hard. It's like when people take video of random people on the street and discover they can't find Europe on a map or recognize a picture of the vice president. I have a feeling that if I had been asked to talk on the film that it would have never shown up or been cut (and recut) until it supported the belief they wanted. But almost all of their questions had good answers... they just failed to get them. Or if they did get someone who could answer them accurately, it never showed up.

I am not sure they did find people who could answer their questions though. In an era of anti-intellectualism it would be hard to find someone who was actually dedicated enough to know more than the very very basics of evolution -- if even that. Maybe if they had run into a biology major... but how many liberal arts majors can describe titration (a chemical test, not biology but exponentially easier to understand) let alone the intricacies of biology.

I like the way they ask the question, "Do you believe in evolution?" then they criticize the person for using the word "believe".

And I'm willing to bet they asked plenty of people who were able to list all kinds of evidence in favor of evolution, but they cut those bits out.

Idiots!

That was nausiating... :woopsie:

Where's Dr. Seaver when you need him?

Ray Comfort (on evolution) "Lack of factual evidence for the theory..."

Well that's enough for me. Obv. Kurt and Ray have such little faith in their god that they need to lie outright.

Plenty of evidence to establish that in fact, man is not a Genesis creation and that evolution is a throughly naturalistic explanation for who and what we are. I know where this little clip is headed. It will be classic creationism. Quote-mining, or by premediated attempt to invent doubt on the general thesis by misconstruing in how evolutionary science is conducted (like, for instance the past anthropological controversy in whether or not australopithecines were more homo-like or not) and appeals to a god that loves you blah blah blah.

These guys are light weights and total blundering boobs. But somehow they make a buck off of culpable fools who all believe that Jesus is going to come down from Heaven and kill everyone and swoop up the saved.

Just watched a few more seconds... they seem to be interviewing people (cute blond btw) that have no idea what evolution is. Making Ray's and Kurt's highly dubious "arguments" that much more "plausible." Has science education failed that bad? Or has the religious right been that effective in turning biological science education into nothing but a shell of its former self this past decade? I mean, even mention the age of rocks gets some of these weak-faithed, literalistic morons in a dander.