Goodbye Jesus

"honk For Jesus"

Libertus

I just wanted to say a brief word to say how nauseating I find the women that stand on the corner of a major intersection of my little college town 2 mornings a week. They stand around holding "Honk for Jesus" and "God is the Answer" signs and waving and praying.

Now, while there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing, it surely does just irritate the hell out of me. I have to look through my desk and locate my

:) Atheist

bumpersticker just to stick in my window as I drive by. This is a relatively small Tennessee town, and I can't go overtly pissing people off. I am already one of very few people who politely drive around with any non-religious paraphernalia on my car. I have the rocketship "Science" fish on the back of my car.

Anyway, like I said, they can do it all they want, but it just serves to remind me just how sad it is that people can be so deceived that they can see something like that as a valuable and righteous thing to do. If you have that much time on your hands and seem to desire to do something good, go bring someone a home-cooked breakfast. Go volunteer at a school. Go plant a tree. Damn, do something valuable and useful. If god happens to be real, I really can't imagine that he, she or it would find such mindless nothingness to be a pleasing endeavor.

That's my opinion, it may or may not be yours.

Libertus

And just to respond in advance to anyone who may ask whether I am doing any of those nice things that I said:

No. Presently I am not.

Why?

Because I am going to school full time and have a family to take care of and all sorts of things.

I also don't have time to stand on the side of the road with signs that say "Honk if Jesus Sucks!" and "God is the Answer. 'Who isn't real?' is the question."

Libertus

Ha! Same here... :Doh:

Great big, generous "heart" - but no means or time to do anything with it. :shrug:

Civilization is so grand, ain't it? :mellow:

"Keep Honking, I'm Reloading!"

kL

I should have known you'd say that Kev.

:fun:

Heh, best of luck to these people! They will *never* get new converts this way.

They're a bunch of dumbassess. Just ignore 'em.

I just wanted to say a brief word to say how nauseating I find the women that stand on the corner of a major intersection of my little college town 2 mornings a week. They stand around holding "Honk for Jesus" and "God is the Answer" signs and waving and praying.

Now, while there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they are doing, it surely does just irritate the hell out of me. I have to look through my desk and locate my

bumpersticker just to stick in my window as I drive by. This is a relatively small Tennessee town, and I can't go overtly pissing people off. I am already one of very few people who politely drive around with any non-religious paraphernalia on my car. I have the rocketship "Science" fish on the back of my car.

Anyway, like I said, they can do it all they want, but it just serves to remind me just how sad it is that people can be so deceived that they can see something like that as a valuable and righteous thing to do. If you have that much time on your hands and seem to desire to do something good, go bring someone a home-cooked breakfast. Go volunteer at a school. Go plant a tree. Damn, do something valuable and useful. If god happens to be real, I really can't imagine that he, she or it would find such mindless nothingness to be a pleasing endeavor.

Libertus

kL

LOLOL!!!! That cracked me up!

Anyway, I seriously do not see the point in standing there with signs trying to get people to beep their horns....what purpose does it serve other than to annoy people in the area with the beeping? How are they winning anyone to their god this way? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

kL

LOLOL!!!! That cracked me up!

Anyway, I seriously do not see the point in standing there with signs trying to get people to beep their horns....what purpose does it serve other than to annoy people in the area with the beeping? How are they winning anyone to their god this way? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

The purpose, I suppose, is to reassure themselves that other people agree with them and therefore it reinforces their own beliefs since xians seem to think that having a large number of people profess a belief in something makes it true. In other words, they're not doing it to bring more souls to Jeebus or to better the community or whatever; they're just doing it for themselves. Silly, useless women.

Libertus:

I am of the thought that if you are taking care of your family and not on welfare or being supported by the governement or getting some other type of help then you are doing more than a lot of the citizens in this country(USA). I know of too many people that abuse the situation and sit back while others try to repair what they have done to their lives.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that everyone that is or has ever been helped by others is a deadbeat, but there are many lazy people dragging the system and/or friends and family members down. Help should be a short term fix for someone get on their feet.

I agree with you that holding a sign up like that does nothing to help. They could use their time more wisely and just wear a religious shirt if they want everyone to know they are only being kind because they fear JC's daddy.

Guest Penny

kL

:lmao::funny::lmao:

A well timed "accidental" opening of the passenger door would be very unfortunate. :fdevil:

j/k :grin:

Honking would just warn Jesus, just run him over.

Libertus

I've got a few of my own. http://www.cafepress.com/ftlshop

I suggest you honk just as the sign says, while holding up your middle finger to proudly proclaim that Jesus is #1!

Actually, you should stand on the other side of the street and hold up a sign saying "Honk twice if you like sex!". I bet you'd get more honks. :mellow:

Actually, you should stand on the other side of the street and hold up a sign saying "Honk twice if you like sex!". I bet you'd get more honks. :mellow:

It would be a very noisy neighborhood to say the very least.... :lmao: