Goodbye Jesus

The Man

Guest mj's damaged

Guest mj's damaged

So 9 months ago I got into a fender bender at McDonald's. Not my fault. No witness'. No camera. No police report. They arrived but since it was on private property they weren't gonna file report. My insurance company said to contact that lady's insurance and file a claim. The lady's insurance company decided not to pay it. They said she said' "I was sitting still." They didn't really believe her, but since there wasn't any witness' to cooberate either one of our stories that they wouldn't pay. I called my insurance company. They said if I filed a claim, they might cancel my insurance. I didn't file the claim. Besides, it wasn't my fault. In the meantime, I went to hospital cause I was having back spasms. My health insurance paid the hospital bill. Then the recovery team for the health insurance called me 1 month later about filing claim with my car insurance company. I told them the situation that I was told not to file, cuz they might cancel my insurance.

This may seem stupid omg why is she woried about car insurance being cancelled. Well if at any time your car insurance company cancels you, you are basically black flagged. No other insurance company will give you car insurance.

SO back to the main topic. Today I get a call from Rebecca with PRIMAX recovery again. This time she's very blunt. We have bouts going back and forth. I told her that I had this conversation with her company way back and they didn't pursue it anymore. She said, it was my legal responsibility to file a car insurance claim. I told her, I filed a claim with lady's insurance, in which was denied. I told her my car insurance team told me if I filed, I would probably be cancelled. I said, I am not having them pay for something that wasn't my fault. Besides, my rates would go up and I would have a deductible. She said no you wouldn't. I said what? SHe was looking at my policy on the computer. How in the hell did she get that information? She didnt say. I said, what if I only have liablity coverage. SHe said no you don't. She than told me she was going to call my car insurance team and find out what was going on. I called my car insurance rep, he said that sometimes recovery teams for PERSONAL CARE have actually filed a claim with car insurance companies, without approval of the insurance holder. He said I can do 2 things, file a claim and risk lsoing car insurance and pay deductible and pay high insurance premium's if not cancelled cuz the premium's would go up, or get a lawyer. I am not made of money. I don't even have a job now.

PERSONAL CARE was dropped by my workplace. THey lost money by losing that account, now they are going after me. They want me to pay them back. High deductible, I will pay that. High premium's if I don't get cancelled. I will probably be cancelled though. If that be the case, than Personal Care wants me to lose car insurance, will be black-listed, and wants to keep me from driving. If I don't he a have a car I can't get a job. If I do get one, I will have no mode of transportation to that job. MTD doesn't run here in my little town. I might have to call a cab, but that will cost me 40.00 to get to work and back. PERSONAL CARE doesn't care about their people. I am not made of money, so I lose. I can't afford a lawyer.

Please, please respond if anybody has an idea of what I can do.

The first thing you should always do in a fender bender is call the police, the second is your insurance company. Never, NEVER, talk to the another person's insurance company yourself. It depends on the state you live in to what guarantees you are granted by law concerning insurance claims.

Since you live in Illinois, if you feel that you are being screwed by your insurance company contact the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation.

Hope this helps.

I am beginning to believe that all insurance is evil. What a screwed up system!

thats unfortunate; hope it works out in the end. legal stuff is complicated, and I suck at understanding it. I just pray (no pun intended) I dont have an accident any time soon.