Goodbye Jesus

Forced Segregation

Padreko

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/04/14/om...s.ap/index.html

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- In a move decried by some as state-sponsored segregation, the Legislature voted Thursday to divide the Omaha school system into three districts -- one mostly black, one predominantly white and one largely Hispanic.

This is utterly retarded! Why should people be forced to go to a particular school based on race? First off as a black person, I hated going to a prodominately black school becaused I never fit in - being smart, talking "white", and dressing "un-ghetto" was not something that was appreciated. I would like kids to have the opportunity to attend schools that will give them the most advantages. And being stuck in a innercity school will leave you left in the dust. I am not speaking for kids that don't give a damn btw...

Don't I know... Of course I was lucky to go to a school that was more egalitarian, and I ran with just about every clik there was. It is a stupid assumption that in a country of such diversity that kids would be 'more comfortable' in their own 'group'. People learn to be uncomfortable in diversity, and it is the parents and apparently teachers that teach it.

Of course it is Nebraska. Not like it's New York.