Goodbye Jesus

Anti-church Or Anti-christian

deepblue

I'm anti-church but not necessarily anti-Christianity. I guess I believe there's still a shred of the "real thing" out there somewhere (not that I know where).

If interested, click the link below.

Jon

www.antichurch.org.uk

I'm anti-religion (church, sects, "holy" writings, the whole shebang)

But I'm neither anti-god (undefined supreme being),

Nor am I anti-spirituality (the personal and intimate connection we each have with "all").

And as for the "Real Thing"......

That's called "Coca-Cola" :mellow:

:HaHa:

for those of you who don't get it....it's an advertising slogan.

both im against both of them.

And as for the "Real Thing"......

That's called "Coca-Cola" :mellow:

:HaHa:

for those of you who don't get it....it's an advertising slogan.

And it (Coke) adds life, too. :HaHa:

I'm anti-church, anti-religion, anti-christ (redundant, but for emphasis), anti-god (also reducndant), anti-state, and anti-all-authority (also redundant).

Other than that I'm a hell of a nice guy!

I consider myself anti-dogma. I have no problem with people of a faith meeting with one another, nor do I hate christianity as a whole ( I think its wrong, but if fundamentalism that I really hate)

I think dogma is our real enemy, in any form, be it religious or not.

I know many wonderful Christians, some of whom attend pretty mellow, cool churches.

I, personally, just came to the conclusion that there is not, in fact, "the real thing" out there anywhere.

I've search and searched...and I drifted in and out of a few different churches that were pretty cool...but I no longer now believe in god at all, myself.

I only think fundamentalism is really scary and bad, though.

We all come to whatever we come to in our own time and in our own way.

In retrospect, I wish I'd just jumped to atheism sooner and saved myself a LOT of heartache and mental unrest.

But that's just me and the way my own mind works.

I consider myself anti-dogma. I have no problem with people of a faith meeting with one another, nor do I hate christianity as a whole ( I think its wrong, but if fundamentalism that I really hate)

Ditto.

Ditto again. I'm anti-dogma, mostly. Religion isn't the problem and never has been - it's the misuse of religions (committing inhuman acts with religion as the excuse) and especially the concept of dogmatizing that is at the root of 99% of non-xians problems with Xianity. Non-religious people can be dogmatists (Strong Atheists usually come to mind first) and can be just as problematic and pointless as religious dogmatists.

When it comes right down to it, most people who are against Xianity wouldn't be so vehement about it if Xianity were not dogmatic (especially about certain concepts, like infinite torture). If it were reasonable and its holy book were not full of dogmatic, unbending absurdities and cruelties, most people wouldn't care much about it, even if they didn't believe in it.

I'm anti-church, anti-religion, anti-christ (redundant, but for emphasis), anti-god (also reducndant), anti-state, and anti-all-authority (also redundant).

A man after my own heart. If only I were gay. Sigh... :HaHa:

Anti-church or anti-religion?

Hmmm.

First one and then the other. :HaHa:

mwc

I'm anti-church but not necessarily anti-Christianity. I guess I believe there's still a shred of the "real thing" out there somewhere (not that I know where).

:)Hi Franknhonest! I can understand that. Coming here has helped me perceive the distructive nature of organized fundamentalist's belief systems. I think the present "Christians" are not at all like the initial movement, rather almost the opposite. Somewhere I've read where Ghandi said he liked Jesus Christ, yet he didn't like our "Christians".

Perhaps there is a supreme something that might be emerging into consciousness through us. As Carl Sagan said something like, we are part of the cosmos trying to know itself.

Maybe all we have to do is drink more Coca Cola to know... :wicked:

Anti-church or anti-religion?

Hmmm.

First one and then the other. :HaHa:

mwc

Ditto lol

:twitch: I think we would both have to be gay.

Sorry Charlie, but I have found that I have outgrown the need for organized religion, in fact, I'm pro-disorganized religion.

No need for a church. No need for the church invisible, and really I could do without all that Christianity tripe, in general. Not anti-christian myself (for the most part, though I am anti-stupidity), why should I be against something that isn't worth a BB in a boxcar.

Still for something that ultimately is so irrelevant. it does take a lot of time to recover from.

Best of luck.

:twitch: I think we would both have to be gay.

:lmao: Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything. Just a comment made in one of my stupider moods.

Anti-church, anti-organized religion, anti-fundamentalism.

I'm anti-church, anti-religion, and anti-Coke.

Guest KatAutumn

Neither. I am anti-stupid people who insist that they are right, you are wrong and therefore eternal consequences for your disbelief await in the afterlife. Of course, along with that mindset comes the belief that your god should be the only deity recognized and duly endorsed by the government. The belief that laws should be based upon your personal moral code even if it infringes upon the rights of others. The belief that freedom of speech and the separation of church and state only apply to you and you exercise that right freely and yet whine that you are oppressed and persecuted when those whom you disagree with are given the same foum for freedom of speech and expression.

Neither. I am anti-stupid people who insist that they are right, you are wrong and therefore eternal consequences for your disbelief await in the afterlife. Of course, along with that mindset comes the belief that your god should be the only deity recognized and duly endorsed by the government. The belief that laws should be based upon your personal moral code even if it infringes upon the rights of others. The belief that freedom of speech and the separation of church and state only apply to you and you exercise that right freely and yet whine that you are oppressed and persecuted when those whom you disagree with are given the same foum for freedom of speech and expression.

My apologies for the double post. My internet connection had a hiccup.

Guest Emerson

If interested, click the link below.

Jon

www.antichurch.org.uk

I think because of how people twist and use religions like christianity and church for their own benefits, I'm against them. I think that church and christianity are just concepts, so I'm more against stupid people than concepts like church and religion. I'm not a huge believer in any organized religion, its silly and arrogant to think that one religion is the "one" or "the way" and that everyone else is wrong and damned to hell for all eternity.

neither really, I consider myself anti-stupid. I dont mind anything as long as people can come up with a good reason for it, but in many ways this makes me anti religion as well. Few religious people can come up with a good reason to believe and I have never seen anyone get close to coming up with even a halfway decent reason to be a xian borg fundie.

neither really, I consider myself anti-stupid. I dont mind anything as long as people can come up with a good reason for it, but in many ways this makes me anti religion as well. Few religious people can come up with a good reason to believe and I have never seen anyone get close to coming up with even a halfway decent reason to be a xian borg fundie.

Speaking of the Borg, have you ever wondered if they represented Christianity and then became free-thinkers?

I'm anti-church, and to be honest, anti-Christianity as well.

Not anti-Coke, but I prefer Dr Pepper!