Goodbye Jesus

Finally saying goodbye

NowIamFree

I was raised by strict christian parents and of course the result was adverse childhood events codependency people pleasing lack of boundaries. I am a retired RN. I have given many churches their chance but always run into cognitive dissonance hypocritical behavior control issues. I have faith but will never enter another church again. I am in charge of my own life. How sad to be treated so poorly by self professed Christian's multiple times and be aware of the tactics . I am a new member. This is my first post. 

• Like 8

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

WELCOME!   I hope your experience here is a good one.  My experience within churches wasn't bad, but the doctrine just didn't add up.  Several here have also experienced family dysfunction to one degree or another, and will be able to relate.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Welcome, @NowIamFree! Cudos for being in charge of your own life! Free Sundays! *woo-hoo!*

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, @NowIamFree.

I too found the doctrine and scripture to be unbelievable and more likely to be the works of ancient control freaks than any loving, caring deity. No issues with church or the members as believers like to insinuate...well...except for being unable to sit though a sermon w/out rolling my eyes and knitting my eyebrows, I'm sure quite noticeably,  even before I finally admitted my disbelief.

Glad you found us and many here can relate to your screen name.

- MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

Welcome @NowIamFree 

I'm glad you have managed to break free of fundamentalism. I hope you find Ex-C and it's members to be a source of solace and reflection for you. 

On 8/27/2020 at 11:12 PM, NowIamFree said:

I was raised by strict christian parents and of course the result was adverse childhood events codependency people pleasing lack of boundaries. I am a retired RN. I have given many churches their chance but always run into cognitive dissonance hypocritical behavior control issues. I have faith but will never enter another church again. I am in charge of my own life. How sad to be treated so poorly by self professed Christian's multiple times and be aware of the tactics . I am a new member. This is my first post. 

Welcome aboard, nice to meet you!

You are in charge of your own life. It's too bad that so many people have a hard time realizing that simple truth and reality. 

On 8/27/2020 at 8:12 PM, NowIamFree said:

Welcome to Ex-C. I think faith is a good thing as long as I believe the way I choose to believe. But people at a church telling me how I should think and live is a bad thing and I wont let that happen again. 

• Thanks 1