Goodbye Jesus

Dippy Rule On Cf...

godlessgrrl

Dude. I dunno why the hell I go to CF anymore. Maybe it's like a train wreck: don't want to stare but can't look away.

A recent clarification of Rule #4.2 on CF indicates that citations are needed for certain kinds of posts in certain forums... well yeah. That makes total sense, duh. I mean if you make a claim or quote someone else you gotta back it up. No-brainer there...

What boggles my mind is that apparently you also have to provide citations for your own opinions.

Somebody tell me I'm not the only one that finds this utterly inane.

Can you please back up your opinion: "Somebody tell me I'm not the only one that finds this utterly inane."

:HaHa:

Probably because fundy christians, by definition, can't hold any opinions of their own, any "opinion" they express must have been come from somewhere else. Thus the requirement for a citation.

Can you please back up your opinion: "Somebody tell me I'm not the only one that finds this utterly inane."

Yeah, you want me to back up my opinion? Here! Here's my backup of my opinion: :Wendywhatever:

Seriously tho'. I just went on there and changed my .sig file to accomodate the rule. It now says:

All-purpose text citations for personal beliefs, thoughts,

opinions, etc., in accordance with Rule 4.2:

Everyone I've Ever Known (personal communications, 1972 - 2006).

My Cerebrum (personal communications, 1972 - 2006).

My Hippocampus (personal communications, 1972 - 2006).

The Sum Total of All My Life Experiences (personal communications, 1972 - 2006).

Let's see how long it takes before I get an Official Warning. :wicked:

Possibly I'm just dense, or incredibly out of the loop.

What is CF?

Possibly I'm just dense, or incredibly out of the loop.

What is CF?

Christian Forums, hit the link above.

Good lord, how can you stand to read that?

Is it just me, or do their member user names seem overly smarmy cutesy for the most part?

CF Rule 7.23 and 1/2 - You must bend over and submit to complete and total oriface raping by the CareBears to ensure you exhibit a 'good wholesome christian attitude' while enjoying our forums. Repeated sessions may be required if any of our Moderators sense you may be getting low on warm lovin' Caregoo

Ahhh...glad I don't post there, or really read it, unless it's funny. I have enough idiots surrounding me, why should I go and find more?

Then again, I now know where to find a bunch of special people (in that short bus sort of way), should I ever need them. Don't know where the hell I'll find all the helmets I'd need, though.

Ahhh...glad I don't post there, or really read it, unless it's funny. I have enough idiots surrounding me, why should I go and find more?

Then again, I now know where to find a bunch of special people (in that short bus sort of way), should I ever need them. Don't know where the hell I'll find all the helmets I'd need, though.

Don't worry, I have my own helmet and glow in the dark reflective jacket.

What boggles my mind is that apparently you also have to provide citations for your own opinions.

Somebody tell me I'm not the only one that finds this utterly inane.

You're not the only one that finds that utterly inane. :grin:

Y'know for some real fun and profit, you could just rip through and report everyone there for not citing their opinions. Mods included.

Oh, and you may want to tell them to round the corners on their text-boxes over there, with as many "special" people they have over there, someone's liable to get hurt.

Guest Powerup

Therefore if I quote from a movie, something like; "you can't handle the truth".

I would therefore have to add, A few good men, scene 250 take 6, 135 mins and 20 sec.

Then I could just feel free to absorb information and sound like a robot with anal cramps.

Oh the joy.

:eek:

For all you do, His blood's for you!
:eek:

:scratch: Oh, I see this must be one of those foolishness for Greeks (Geeks?) sorts of things.

I don't find the citing opinion too onerous. In fact it could be fun. Especially if you cite something you said on Ex-C or you own blog. Or you could just make a standard citation, from some obscure book, these dweebs aren't going to read a tome to see if your citation is correct. Your 1948 edition of World Book Encylopedia should do the trick. Or how about something like pp 50,51 Randen, Chef Personal Journal vol 8, Pederson Ink Pen, Superior WI, 1999

Having to rip off beer commercials for cheesy 'yay jeezuz' catch phrases.

If that doesn't denote a complete absence of personal creativity, I don't know what does.

I'm probably just going to get really really smartassed with my citations. And cite everything. And even make shit up if I have to. Hell, I might put a source for every single sentence. Or better yet, every other word!

I guess I read CF because it reminds me why I left the meme, and why I'll never go back. Overall they're a bunch of idiots. Even the smart ones. Most of the non-Xians are on the ball tho'... funny how that works.

I feel like joining CF just to make a habit of either never quoting the source for all opinions or citing (like several said already) obscure books or movies (I liked the "scene 250 take 6, 135 mins and 20 sec". That's pretty funny!)

sources:

How to solve Rubik's Cube in 50 interstellar seconds, by Erik Cubehead, pg 45

My life as a hot dog and the bun that left me, by Bob Whatyacallit, pg 99

Reward Zone Program brochure, by Best Buy, last page.

Oh Oh!

I have an idea! Keep putting up wild and wacky citations......until eventually they make a sb-clause for their rule that says all citations must come from a verifiable source.

Then you've got them! You can then post something like.....well, guess we can't use The BIBLE then....

Oh Oh!

I have an idea! Keep putting up wild and wacky citations......until eventually they make a sb-clause for their rule that says all citations must come from a verifiable source.

Then you've got them! You can then post something like.....well, guess we can't use The BIBLE then....

Heh heh heh... I like it. :wicked:

'Cept, of course, the assumption at CF is that the Bible is True™. Being a Xian site and all it's hard to get away from that assumption... and frankly they don't like being challenged otherwise.

The rule is stupid. I'm already seeing threads devolve into pissing wars about whether or not somebody has a citation, especially when someone else posts something they don't like.

Buncha stupid fucks...

I never cite any of my opinions...I'm pretty sure it's one of those unenforced rules.

I checked out CF for a couple of days and I couldn't stand the place. However, it did help convince me I'm on the right track. The biggest problem with Xtianty, other than it's a myth, is Xtians