Goodbye Jesus

???????

Weezer

It is getting boring around here again.  So we might as well test the hypothesis of, "ask, and yea shall recieve" another time.  WHERE ARE ALL THE CHRISTIANS wanting our support, or to trying to bring us back to the fold, or simply wanting to argue??

• Haha 1

Ohh oh oh - I remember what happened last time... we got sent some E grade soldiers of the cross saying bless ya'll. This time we have to be more specific.

Dear Lord Jesus, who according to legend, died and is alive.

Please send some A grade soldiers to testify on your beheld. Ideally they will come with arguments we haven't seen before (Cause let's face it JC, we've been hearing the same arguments for 2,000 years) and verifiable evidence. 

Sincerely(With a slight mocking tone)

LF 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Super Moderator

Just in case...

Our Dark Lord Lucifer,

Please send us some real christians whom we might lead astray with the logic, reason, and science that you have so benevolently bestowed upon us to deceive the brethren in your great and terrible war against the eternal souls of the faithful.  We, your faithful servants, tired of consuming the flesh of babies and virgins, beseech you to give us the souls of christians for our bread and their blood for our wine.  We will ensure that untold numbers of lurkers will be your reward and will march beside you in your dark army against Michael and his legions of angels.  We ask this in your most unholy name.

Namaste

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like it - putting a bet either way.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

I like it - putting a bet either way.

Prepare to be overwhelmed!

Hey God!  Hey Satan!  We are waiting.   

I guess they are telling us to wait a while longer.

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

Hey God!  Hey Satan!  We are waiting.   

I guess they are telling us to wait a while longer.

patience is a virtue. :)

but i could also point out that the Bible says that God draws near to the humble, but far from the proud. 🗝️

On 10/8/2020 at 3:50 PM, Weezer said:

It is getting boring around here again.  So we might as well test the hypothesis of, "ask, and yea shall recieve" another time.  WHERE ARE ALL THE CHRISTIANS wanting our support, or to trying to bring us back to the fold, or simply wanting to argue??

most of them are probably on the Christian Chat sites.

10 hours ago, Christianchat_Chat said:

most of them are probably on the Christian Chat sites.

And that is where they should stay if they want to hold onto their faith.  If they look outside the faith very long, and are open minded, they will eventually run across evidence that doesn't agree with their faith.  And if they study the entire bible looking for consistency from a God who is supposed to be perfect and unchanging, they will eventually be discouraged.  Such as, why did he tell his children in the 10 commandments to not kill, or steal, then later tell them to slaughter the Canaanites and take their land, wives and daughter's?   And why go from that kind of "justice" in the old testament, to Jesus and his teaching of loving enemies, etc. In the new testament?   And it will eventually occur to them that God, as a father, could have been arrested today on charges of child abuse for encouraging satan to torture Job.  It might eventually occur to them (as it did me) that the bible is just another ancient myth.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Weezer said:

It might eventually occur to them (as it did me) that the bible is just another ancient myth.

An attempt by humans to explain the world, and to control, or influence, other humans.  To my way of thinking, the concept of reciprocal "love" is the most advanced and valid.  Not from "God", but from the wisdom of thinking people through the ages.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Weezer said:

And that is where they should stay if they want to hold onto their faith. 

probably not.  have you seen how close- minded many are? openmindness is a gift, and to find it could be a blessing - for many, i don't know if for all or how many.  even just to be a little more open-minded, like the Pope seems to be.  i actually don't know really how open-minded he is, it could be more than i know, i do not read much about him very often but only have heard some things. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

Nothing fails like prayer, I reckon. 

• Thanks 1

Folks have been redirected to Reddit, Agnostic.com, and ton of varying private and open Facebook groups.  So many options for folks these days.  Tons of folks at these sites.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exchristian/

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

We used to be practically the only game in town. It's good that there are now more places for the religious to go and question their beliefs.

But let us cover our bases anyway. From the FSM Wikipedia entry:

https://flyingspaghettimonster.wikia.org/wiki/Pastafarianism#:~:text=Thy noodle come%2C Thy sauce,bay leaves%2C forever and ever.

The Noodles Prayer is the most common prayer, as dictated by the prophet Ragu:

Our saucer which art in a colander, draining be Your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy meatballness be done on earth, as it is meaty in heaven. Give us this day our daily sauce, and forgive us our lack of piracy, as we pirate and smuggle against those who lack piracy with us. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us from non-red meat sauce. For thine is the colander, the noodle, and the sauce, forever and ever. R'Amen.

An alternate prayer, with slightly more Piratical influence:

Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.

The final deformed/columbined reformed/combined version:

Our pasta, who art in a colander, draining be your noodles. Thy noodle come, Thy sauce be yum, on top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trample on our lawns. And lead us not into vegetarianism, but deliver us some pizza, for thine is the meatball, the onion, and the bay leaves, forever and ever. R'Amen.

The Hail Meatsauce prayer is usually recited in retribution for consumption of any sauce other then red meat sauce. Some sects (see the Reformed Church of Alfredo ) do not use this prayer, as they claim "Alfredo is the path to enlightenment". This prayer is typically repeated numerous times while running your fingers along a Rotini noodle.

Hail meatsauce, full of beef. The Spaghetti Monster is with you. Blessed are you among sauces, and blessed is the spice from your shaker. Heated meatsauce, monster of taste, pray for us non-pirates now and at the hour of our hunger. R'Amen A vegetarian sect of FSMism in India is reportedly using a particular soybean extract in place of meatballs. "Soy Mio - it is still a spicy meatball! Tandori R'Amen!" Glory To The Pasta Glory be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and to the Midgit, and to the Pirates. As it was in the beginning, is now (With a mountain), and ever shall be(and trees), world without end (and with Pirates). R'Amen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ConsiderTheSource said:

Folks have been redirected to Reddit, Agnostic.com, and ton of varying private and open Facebook groups.  So many options for folks these days.  Tons of folks at these sites.

Too dang many new fangled gadgets and programs these days.   Just when I master one, it is obsolete. 

On 11/1/2020 at 3:35 AM, ConsiderTheSource said:

We should add Discord as the new game in town. I've noticed a lot of groups popping up on that now. Our's was one of the early adopters I think.

• Super Moderator

I was on agnostic.com for a very brief period during 2018-19.  It seemed to have a very echo chamber vibe at that time.  I found it somewhat shallow and vapid; and a larger than normal percentage of its members struck me as whiny and annoying.  I sincerely hope that my experience was atypical; because it would be an otherwise awesome medium for expressing shared disbeliefs. 

On 10/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Please send some A grade soldiers to testify on your beheld. Ideally they will come with arguments we haven't seen before (Cause let's face it JC, we've been hearing the same arguments for 2,000 years) and verifiable evidence. 

I'm starting to think that there is no such thing as A grade soldiers, let alone any JC.....