Goodbye Jesus

What Do You Do On Easter?

Guest Emerson

Guest Emerson

Yeah I know its late but what do you do? I don't go to church anymore, instead I just do whatever I want. This past Easter, I just watched movies and ate good food, it was bliss! :woohoo:

I can't say I do anything different on Easter than I normally do on Sundays.

Well, except for engorging myself in any candy that someone brings into the house/dorm.....

Easter is the time of the year when we celebrate the Cute Bunny. We decorate our house with bunnies. We go to the "Save the bunny" shelter with celery and lettuce for the homeless bunnies. We buy chocolate bunnies and eat it under a holy cermony...

:)

Nah, we didn't do anything on Easter.

Guest Emerson

lol :lmao: your post cracked me up! I thought that you had kids when I was reading your post. yeah Easter is just another day in the weekend.

lol :lmao: your post cracked me up! I thought that you had kids when I was reading your post. yeah Easter is just another day in the weekend.

Who? Me?

This last Easter, I went to a Buddhist temple in town (Pure Land) for my Buddhism class with 7 other students. It felt blasphemous but it was great fun.

Then, hubby and I went to the inlaws for dinner. They prayed for like 15 minutes before dinner about Jesus and the wonderful resurrection, and MIL played Handel's Messiah during dinner... and we had to stand up. (She's nuts, I swear.) His dad even had the nerve to ask my husband to pray.... last year's Easter was the day that he "came out" so I think it was some sort of sick joke. I had the most fun telling my inlaws about my Buddhist temple visit. Made MIL very uncomfortable... she says regarding their beliefs and practices, "Oh... that's like Catholicism. I don't get it. How can ritual mean anything to God?" Of course, she's part American Indian, and she finds lots to relate to in their culture and spirituality, but Buddhists? Nope... not allowed. She still claims that as long as they are sincere, they are going to Heaven... but not us, cuz we're apostates!

^^ Sounds like easter basket loads of heartburn. Gross.

The first part of the day was pretty much like every other Sunday - relaxing, not doing much. My folks, who are Christian, came over for Easter dinner, but it was just a big meal with family...and chocolate. :shrug: No big prayer (we were never big on saying grace), no acknowledgement of our absence at any huge church thing...

...just a Sunday with ham and chocolate.

Guest Emerson

I was referring to Hansolo! ;)

Who? Me?

I was referring to Hansolo! ;)

Who? Me?

But I do have kids! :) 5 pesky rascals, messing up my days. (Gotta love them)

My folks, who are Christian, came over for Easter dinner, but it was just a big meal with family...

:twitch: Did they taste good?

:lmao:

My fiancee and I sat outside my church and checked out the hotties walking in. Most young people around here dress for church like they're going clubbing. Lots of pretty girls in pleasing apparal for our roving eyes :wicked:

I went to the gym last Sunday (Easter) and had an uplifting work out. The gym has become my new church :notworthy: Usually the parking lot on Sunday morning at the gym would rival any churches but Easter wasn’t as busy as normal. We went to my husband’s family for dinner and barely a mention of Jesus’ resurrection, outside of the prayer. Love those Cathylicks!

I relaxed and read a book. The day before, I went to a local science fiction convention.

I slept late to keep the xians at school from dragging me to church.

Lit up a bitchin' bowl of Fruit Loops and kicked back with the sugar contact high..

kL

Easter is the time of the year when we celebrate the Cute Bunny. We decorate our house with bunnies. We go to the "Save the bunny" shelter with celery and lettuce for the homeless bunnies. We buy chocolate bunnies and eat it under a holy cermony...

:)

Nah, we didn't do anything on Easter.

Ok, I was visited by the Cute Bunny™ on Easter! :eek:

I walked out of my front door, and there was an actual little Cute Bunny™ peeking in my ground level window. No shit! But I spooked him and he scampered off.

I left him a yummy carrot, anyway. :wub:

Do you xtian scoffers need any more proof? Repent, and the Cute Bunny™ will snuggle you! :notworthy:

PS: I'm not kidding! :yellow:

Ok, I was visited by the Cute Bunny™ on Easter! :eek:

I walked out of my front door, and there was an actual little Cute Bunny™ peeking in my ground level window. No shit! But I spooked him and he scampered off.

Isn't that something?

We also get incarnations of the bunny on occasions. Not necessarely during easter, but random days. The sightings usually peak after summer and kids let their summer pets out to roam freely in the wild. (I don't know why, but there some kind of mystical connection between those two events... :scratch: )

I left him a yummy carrot, anyway. :wub:

I thought he preferred 24 carrots. (Oh, it was 24 carat of bling-bling he wanted! But he does love cheese, because I learned it from a true documentary called Wallace and Gromit and the Ware Rabbit. And I also learned his true name, but I can't say it or type it, because it's blasphemous. But I can write the consonants: BTCH, and it isn't "I" that goes in between!)

Do you xtian scoffers need any more proof? Repent, and the Cute Bunny™ will snuggle you! :notworthy:

Almond. Lettuce pray for wisdom to reach the unsaved heathens and Abunnyists.

PS: I'm not kidding!

Of course not.

Strangely my whole family is religious but I swear I didn't hear a word about Jeebus, resurrection or anything connected to easter for that matter during the long weekend I was there. :eek: Can I call that a miracle? :clap:

We woke up and ate chocolate we'd left out the night before in a basket.

(We "do" secular myth stuff, but don't actually want our son to "believe" it, if that makes sense. Our son's only 2, so he doesn't believe in anything quite yet, but we're trying to let him know it's just a game we're playing, and not actually a visit from a supernatural rabbit.)

Then we went to the park with a group of friends and did an easter egg hunt for all the kids.

It was fun. :)

Then we left the park and went to eat pizza with my husband's family and ate more chocolate from the easter baskets the grandparents got for our son.

Nothing quite like stealing candy from a baby...lol...

Ate lots of chocolate and did a lot of writing. Nothing much different from any other Sunday.

Guest Agent Ytnok

When I went to Texas Tech, which is where I was saved from xianity (ironically Lubbock was named the second most conservative city in the US because of all the churches) we had an annual Easter Party. It began in 1986 after a Husker Du concert, the next year it was a block party, and every year it grew until we rented out a driving range, had a dozen bands and several thousand people all partying. Those were good times, but today it is totally commercial with local promoters trying to outdue each other. My Easter tradition was spolied by the filfthy lucre, I suppose that is ironic as well.

Today I have kids and responsibilities so i do the Easter bunny thing because they like it and I spend a nice peaceful day chilling at my Church of the Deck, take my communion of holy coffee and immerse myself in the Word of the newspaper. The contentment I get from the Church of the Deck is better than anything I ever felt from church. Amen.