Goodbye Jesus

Narcissistic Personality Disorder Discussion

midniterider

Hmmm.. does this remind you of anybody in particular?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Self-perception versus reality:

mario.0.jpg

il_794xN.2454439085_iwzu.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

Here's an interesting article on this mental disorder. I love the list of symptoms. lol.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

Excelent article.  I don't know how to do a link, but I suggest also looking up the definition of delusional disorder.  It is possible to have more than one disorder at the same time.

Also, I have heard that narcissistic people can get really frustrated if no one pays attention to them.

Here's a reference to the 10 personality disorders (Clusters A, B and C) in the DSM V.

https://www.verywellmind.com/personality-disorders-a2-425427

If you want to see the making of a narcissistic person, read Mary Trump's book, TOO MUCH, AND NOT ENOUGH.  Or listen to some of the interviews with her on youtube.

• Like 1

To my own perception, thinking, and understanding...    Human beings are proof there is no God.

That may come across as (merely) sarcasm, but it's what I see.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
13 hours ago, Weezer said:

Also, I have heard that narcissistic people can get really frustrated if no one pays attention to them.

Evidence also suggests that they run off when you lock their threads and they can't be the center of attention anymore.  Could be wrong, though.

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Evidence also suggests that they run off when you lock their threads and they can't be the center of attention anymore.  Could be wrong, though.

Wasn't he invited to start a new thread?

6 hours ago, alreadyGone said:

To my own perception, thinking, and understanding...    Human beings are proof there is no God.

You got a chuckle out of me.

Or, that he screws up royally at times.  Strange how he is so much like narcissistic human beings.

• Super Moderator
59 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Wasn't he invited to start a new thread?

That ain't the same as trampling all over somebody else's, though.

Some suggested thread titles for our shy friend:

I Went to College and Have Two Degrees So I am Always Right

None of You are as Enlightened as Me

The Second Law of Thermodynamics Makes it Impossible for Life to Exist without my Sky Faeries

• Haha 2

How can a narcissist worship anyone but themselves?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, midniterider said:

How can a narcissist worship anyone but themselves?

Only god himself, and in the process, they are planning on how to take him down! 😁

• Super Moderator

Meanwhile, at least one narcissist in particular appears to have R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Meanwhile, at least one narcissist in particular appears to have R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Hmm... I guess it really is possible to bait a narcissist, after all.  😆

On 1/1/2021 at 9:00 AM, alreadyGone said:

I can see and understand this, truly. Out of curiosity, how would you respond if someone said to you, "to my own perception, thinking, and understanding.... Human beings are proof there IS a god."

• Super Moderator

This thread didn't actually happen.  Y'all just imagined it.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I can see and understand this, truly. Out of curiosity, how would you respond if someone said to you, "to my own perception, thinking, and understanding.... Human beings are proof there IS a god."

I would say, "I've seen too many of them.."

Of course, I could be totally wrong about what I would imagine a God to be.

He/she could just have an evil nature and a really warped sense of humor.

• Haha 2

Speaking of narcissistic personality disorder,  they have a strong need to perceive they are in control, and if very rich they can more easily get their way through out life.  But if they actually lose control, and can't buy or threaten their way out, they can become "unglued", which we are witnessing now with Donald Trump.  The next few days may be very interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Weezer said:

Speaking of narcissistic personality disorder,  they have a strong need to perceive they are in control, and if very rich they can more easily get their way through out life.  But if they actually lose control, and can't buy or threaten their way out, they can become "unglued", which we are witnessing now with Donald Trump.  The next few days may be very interesting.

I'm glad that BrotherMario got 'impeached' before Jan 20. He was getting boring. 

I think he felt that if you just repeatedly assault someone with your bullshit that it will eventually stick... of course we are aware of the weak minded individuals who will believe any goddamn thing they are told, but we here on this board analyze reality and come to our own conclusions. We will not just fall for nonsense anymore. We wont be feared into believing. We wont be guilted into believing. We wont be shamed into believing. 

Can I get an amen? Or an awoman? :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, midniterider said:

I'm glad that BrotherMario got 'impeached' before Jan 20. He was getting boring. 

I think he felt that if you just repeatedly assault someone with your bullshit that it will eventually stick... of course we are aware of the weak minded individuals who will believe any goddamn thing they are told, but we here on this board analyze reality and come to our own conclusions. We will not just fall for nonsense anymore. We wont be feared into believing. We wont be guilted into believing. We wont be shamed into believing. 

Can I get an amen? Or an awoman? :)

This annoys me, personally, because "men" is plural and "woman" is singular. Always gotta be putting us women down. Patriarchy. :D

11 minutes ago, ag_NO_stic said:

This annoys me, personally, because "men" is plural and "woman" is singular. Always gotta be putting us women down. Patriarchy. :D

Probably if there were a God these inequities would not stand.

I'm thinking a new thread topic could be "Christianity , what are the gender differences among believers?"

Not a good title, but I'm thinking it could be interesting to discuss gender roles in the church(es).. Protestant, Catholic, etc.

Dangerous too perhaps, but hey... there is an entire cast here of thick-skinned sorts, right?

• Like 1