Goodbye Jesus

Leeches And Absolutists

RedFox

On Saturday, one of the xians I know asked me if I wanted to go to a xian bookstore. I never had been to one of those, so I wanted to see what it was like. So I went on a ride with that xian and two others. We were all college students. After we were on the road, the xian who was driving said that she needed one thing at Walmart. It turned out that it was an oil change.

While the car was being serviced, we looked around in the store. One of the other xians bought Left Behind DVDs that they found in the bargin bin. He had to leave behind one of the DVDs because his credit card was nearly maxed out. They also bought a large scent thingy for the car. Then we found that all three xians were broke. The two other passengers claimed that they had paid the driver several times for gas, so it was now my turn to pay. I didn't know that they were paying the driver for gas and this time, it wasn't gas, but an oil change. The garage found that the air conditoner filter was dirty and asked if it was alright to replace it. It added another $10.46 to the bill. I didn't want to pay at first until I realized that they were all broke, including the driver.

The driver does oil changes every 4 months, so I wondered why she didn't have money prepared for something she should already have known about for months. It appears that she's used to getting money from other people as needed. One of the other xians got mad and all absolutist at me for not wanting to pay and said that the driver was having "financial problems" and pressed me to pay because he and the other xian paid the driver regularly for gas. I told them that people who had cars had to have financial resposiblity. He didn't listen to me. After I realized that they were all broke, I paid the bill of $35 so we could get out of there. I told the driver that she could pay me back any time she could.

We never did go to the bookstore. I felt baited and swiped. I asked some people in this site's chat about what those bookstores were like and from what it sounded like, it would be boring for me. Now I'm not so trusting of the xians about their finances.

The one who got mad at me had calmed down and some friends talked to him and I'll talk to him tomorrow. It was a good thing that my father sent me $30, making me have $42, otherwise we would have been stuck out there in another town.

I don't care what they call themselves, they are shysters. The arrangement for gas money should have been stated before leaving for the destination. That's unacceptable, you were used. I'd be letting them know that the situation they put you in was both unfair and deceitful, and if this is what a "Christian is" then you wish to have no part of their classless circle..

How often do you ride with these people? It would seem to be if it was a regular basis arrangements for gas money would be stated ahead of time. OIL CHANGE and air filter? WHAT THE FK!!?!?!?!?!

If it were me in that situation,First they'd get the two finger salute from me :Wendywhatever: Then I'd use that money for a cab or call someone to come get me at wal-mart, No way in Fkn Hell I'd pay it. If they didn't have money they could have made an arrangement with Wal-Mart to get it, or be criminally charged with theft of services, you're a nice person paying it, TO NICE!

When it comes to money, NEVER trust a xtian! :nono:

Like William Burroughs said, they've always got God whispering in their ear telling them how to fuck you on the deal.

I've gone out with those people once in a while. Now this swiping makes me want to spend my time doing better things. I didn't know of cab services in the area because I haven't used any myself. Maybe if I saw some yellow pages at the store, I could've gotten that idea. :Doh: I didn't know that they could be charged with theft of services. I've never heard of that happening before. :Hmm: Maybe it was because I haven't met such leeches befores. :ugh:

I read the Wikipedia page about theft of services so now I have some idea what it is.

When it comes to money, NEVER trust a xtian! :nono:

Like William Burroughs said, they've always got God whispering in their ear telling them how to fuck you on the deal.

Yeah, I lent one ten dollars so he could get a t-shirt. He haven't given it back yet. So I told a mutal friend to ask him about it periodically. When I ask him about the ten dollars, he said that the xian teachings tell him to help other people without expecting anything in return.

I wonder what wil happen to those xians when they graduate from college and use those ideas in the Real World. :twitch:

he said that the xian teachings tell him to help other people without expecting anything in return.

Funny how they say that....but never actually do it themselves.

he said that the xian teachings tell him to help other people without expecting anything in return.

Funny how they say that....but never actually do it themselves.

Yeah, the driver was helping me by driving me and what did she expect in return?

I've gone out with those people once in a while. Now this swiping makes me want to spend my time doing better things. I didn't know of cab services in the area because I haven't used any myself. Maybe if I saw some yellow pages at the store, I could've gotten that idea. :Doh: I didn't know that they could be charged with theft of services. I've never heard of that happening before. :Hmm: Maybe it was because I haven't met such leeches befores. :ugh:

Well like anything, if you have a service done (Oil change & air filter in this case) Then say Whoops :woopsie: I don't have any money. What do you think happens? It' the same as stealing, why would anyone get work done to their car and not have money to pay for it? Regardless I would have left them their to deal with their own hole they dug. They can stand there and explain to the garage why they don't have a red cent to their name and requested the oil change. It's out of the principle of the matter that I wouldn't have paid. If a friend of mine needed money for an oil change and asked me before hand,likely I'd give it to them. It was the situation they put you in that showed they were being dirtbags and conned you out of money, It seems they took a lesson from Jim Baker. They preyed on your feelings and took advantage, and got a free ride out of it. Write them a bill and have it delivered certified mail, Don't allow them to get away with it is my advice.

IMO, Unless there is a previously stated agreement to assist with gas money, an offer to give a ride is assumed to be a favor. You can't automatically assume someone will pay you when you do something nice for them.

They probably gave god credit for sending you to them. Maybe if they put a little less in the collection plate they would have money to pay thier darn bills.

I’m with most of the responders, maybe even more so. If I was in the same situation, I would have spent twice as much money to leave those assholes high and dry and get home without having to help. What a bunch of jerks!

I'll admit that I would have bailed them out so that we could get home. Of course, once home, one way or another someone is paying me back for saving their sorry hides.

I'd also like to point out that there are quite a few passages about not paying back your debts and what should be done...perhaps you should quote a few of those back...

I wonder what wil happen to those xians when they graduate from college and use those ideas in the Real World. :twitch:

They'll become businessmen and/or Republican senators. The fundies are real big on making money and screwing others out of it.

$$$ :crucified:$$$

:notworthy:

You didn't even ask them for a ride, they invited you. Worse, they invited you under false pretenses, asking if you wanted to go to a bookstore and then going someplace else, instead. These people are not your friends, they're con artists. If I were you, my only further contact with them would be to tell them that I never want to see or hear from them again, because they're liars and frauds. You are under no obligation to be nice to people like that.

They'll become businessmen and/or Republican senators. The fundies are real big on making money and screwing others out of it.

$$$ :crucified:$$$

:notworthy:

Or they'll start their own moneygrubbing cult.

Major bait and switch. There's no way they didn't know the driver was going to stop for an oilchange and try to stiff you with it. I think were it me, I would have just said "fuck you! You invited me on purpose just to get me to pay for your fucking oil change. I didn't even care about the book store much but was just coming for the ride because you invited me. I'll find my own way home." Of course, in a pinch I might have just done what you did, but I have no tolerance at all for deception in the name of jebus.

Guest Emerson

Its disgusting what they did to you RedFox. It really is. They knew ahead of time what they were going to do to you. Don't give anyone money and I'd avoid those jerks if at all possible.

Japedo is right, money for gas is usually agreed before a trip is taken. It shouldn't be applied to short distances unless the driver is short on cash, well that's what I think of anyway. And they should ask and not force you to contribute to the cause.

Christian bookstores, well I've only gone to one mom and pop one. But basically its very small, like a smaller version of Borders or Barnes and Noble. They sell greeting cards, knicknacks, nonfiction and fiction books, cds, videos, dvds, bookmarks, etc.. anything that Borders and B & N would sell except everything has Jesus, God, in it and everything is from a xtian perspective. I was able to even rent a video from mine for the weekend once.

You'll usually hear people talk about what the lord is doing in their lives, their church life and what their doing, stuff about families and kids and what's coming up in their lives or a church event. Parenting children, and normal employee stuff and what they have to do, etc. Trust me, unless you're a xtian, its all dull.

I would have got a cab. Screw that preconventional morality. Kindness is not "You scratch my back I scratch yours". When I give my friends a ride in my car, do I try to pressure them into giving me money ? Fuck no. At worst I will give a subtle hint that I accept donations and thats about it. And there is no way in hell I would ask for them to pay for an oil change. Those xians that ripped you off are hypocritical leeches- stay away.

One of the other xians bought Left Behind DVDs that they found in the bargin bin.

Maybe they were hoping there asses were going to be "raptured" out of Wally World before they had to pay for the oil change and leaving the bill for the non-believers "Left Behind". :sex: Gotta love those buddy fuckers!

On Saturday, one of the xians I know asked me if I wanted to go to a xian bookstore. I never had been to one of those, so I wanted to see what it was like.

You're not missing anything. In fact if you're an ex-christian it might be an extremely uncomfortable

place for you. Around my area we have a couple of the larger xtian bookstores such as

Zondervans and Lifeway. I've been in both since my deconversion and it felt like I was in

enemy territory. I will give them credit, at least they are openly trying to sell god to you. It's not

as disguised as it is in church.

I know some xtian turds like those who screwed you. You really do have to get to a point

of telling them to fuck off. You did what you did and you can't change that. However, they will

try to screw you over again. Those types always come back again and again. That is until

you do tell them to fuck off.