Goodbye Jesus

Any Truth To The Bible?

garrisonjj

Do you think there is any chance that any parts of the Bible,,,especially the old testement orihinated from the mouth of god,,,,,,,how did this come to pass and how can people take the bible so seriously? Thanks, gary

Do you think there is any chance that any parts of the Bible,,,especially the old testement orihinated from the mouth of god,,,,,,,how did this come to pass and how can people take the bible so seriously? Thanks, gary

Originated sorry,,,damn new keyboard!

Do you think there is any chance that any parts of the Bible,,,especially the old testement orihinated from the mouth of god,,,,,,,how did this come to pass and how can people take the bible so seriously?

If you want to think that this god is perfect in every way then the answer is "No" since there are too many errors and the claims that this god is perfect would make it a liar.

If you want to think that this god may be fallible then I guess anything is possible except if this god is fallable a lot of claims are made to the contrary showing that this god lies.

So slice it anyway you want. If this god exists then it's at the very least a liar.

People take it seriously because they don't know any better and many of them are afraid of life and the uncertainty of death. All monolithic religions that I know of (especially the big 3 right now) use this to their advantage. They do it for money and control. What's better than a world of people that think just like you do and whatever you say is right? I sure would find it odd but the two major religions, xianity and Islam, sure want this very badly and the price to the world would be way too high (not that they would care).

mwc

The only thing true about the bible is that its collected entries needed biological organisms to evolve to the level that certain animals innards could be stretched and dried to the point where one could pen certain ideas about reality upon – incorrectly.

i dun think the bible was meant to be taken as literal, if u recall a verse in the bible in the NT. jesus said that if they destroy the temple he will raise it up in 3 days but of course he wasnt refering to the "real" temple he was refering to his body.

nowhere in the bible did anyone said "this book is to be taken as literal".

Good point.

Sadly, as is standard with this book, it all depends.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

If that's not a call to literalism, what is? :scratch:

As usual, it all stands and falls with what verses you choose.