Goodbye Jesus

TAKE A LOOK

Weezer

This isn't really a rant, but I didn't know where else to post it.  Have any of you been on the site  "WORTHY CHRISTIAN FORUMS"?  I stumbled across it and decided to sign up and lurk around.  It is a high dollar operation with not only a forum, but an international(?) news feed, (at least one from Israel) podcasts, etc.  If you are bored and want to try something new, visit them.  At first I thought it was funny, but decided it is pathetic.  Their followers have "drank the kool-aid".  One of my thoughts has been that it is something "The Family" movement might be behind.  I'm going to do some more investigating.  Somebody is pouring a lot of money into it.

It is interesting.  I have engaged in dialog in the general discussion forum under the form name "Questioning".   In attempting to answer my questions, some are arguing among themselves.  There is quite a diversity of denominations represented.  Some are chrismatic, believing in present day holy ghost indwelling.  I am doing my best to remain respectful, but trying to get them to think outside the box.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that went nowhere.  Most of the people on there have "drank the kool-aid".  But it was a good reminder of how thankful I am for finally seeing through all that stuff.

At a glance... plenty there of   "those who have truly repented...." and such.

With all the bible says about the false nature of man, about Christ's eventual rejection of the majority, how could anyone know they are truly repentant?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyGone said:

With all the bible says about the false nature of man, about Christ's eventual rejection of the majority, how could anyone know they are truly repentant?

This always got me.  In the end days would come the anti-Christ, and he would perform miracles and magic and convince many to follow him.  People would be following believing that the miracles they witness came from God, even though they weren't, because we can't tell the difference.  Of course God should punish everyone who is tricked by a super-powerful being who can do real magic, cos we didn't know better.

But can you imagine a guy turns up and says "Hi, I'm Jesus returned" and starts regrowing lost limbs, healing by touch, walking on water and locating my lost car keys, only to have Christians turn around and say "Hang on, he might be trying to deceive us!"  What could he do that would possibly reassure them that he was actually the one and not just a devil in disguise?  They complain that atheists have a high level of scepticism, but if they can't even accept supernatural powers as evidence then their level of scepticism far surpasses ours. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wertbag said:

They complain that atheists have a high level of skepticism, but if they can't even accept supernatural powers as evidence then their level of skepticism far surpasses ours.

It feels like they always have an "out". It reminds me of the OT prophets that would tell a king "do X" and he did "x" and the prophet gets pissed and pronounces judgment. Or another buried a belt and it rotted.. Wouldn't it make more sense to just say what you mean and be straight about it instead of cloaking it in poetry and moldy belts? Why play the game of who's chosen, or who's REALLY chosen? I think because this way, no matter what happens some will claim it is clearly God's will and others will claim it is the opposite. I think they like it just this way. 

• Like 1