Goodbye Jesus

Letter From Rapture Ready

Guest JP

Pompous Xian ass desparately trying to justify his dying cult with lame observations and the occasional Babble verse thrown in here and there :close:

To answer his question: "I am."

*grin*

Just skimmed it. The usual bullshit. :shrug::loser::wicked:

The RR writer has some serious delusions regarding that moribund little death-cult and its place in the 21st century. No fun in getting into a laughing contest with someone that far gone.

Believers and non-believers have one thing in common. They both have DOUBTS, they both believe in that minimum of substrate of logic that furnishes the possibility of doubting, not knowing the truth. That is why there are so many denominations, religions and so much effort and conflict around religion (and philosophy for that matter). Doubt will never be defeated because the structure of the universe does not allows our human mind to have 100% security on anything at all. We are not even 100% sure we are alive, we are thinking correctly, that even logic and language are correct.

Religion is based on that 1% or 1 chance in a trillion that it may be true. If I said "I am the Christ" would you believe me ? You would probably think I am a nutcase like so many others. You would not have faith in me. How would you be different then from those who didn't believe the christ in the bible ? Didn't they want signs, miracles something to decrease the probability that he was false ? What were they guilty of, not believing the first guy who comes along saying my kingdom is not of this world ? Would you believe that if I said it ?

It is a game of poker with reality. Are there hidden layers of reality ? Like the movies "Vanilla Sky" or "The Truman Show". In one case the guy was in a dream in another the guy was on a stage, both unaware of the ultimate nature of "REALITY". Instead of saying god watches down why not say we are all on a stage and a mind is watching us, like the Truman Show. Said like that it sounds less true. Then again if you told Karl Marx in 1848 that reality allows the buiding of Atom bombs and supercomputers because there are hidden layers of reality that science must discover, would he have believed that ?

Yet another plodding apology for what a sorry cult it is.

Can't the guy drop the laughing and give us hardcore evidence for Christianity?

Maybe we can believe then.

Another interesting point is miracles. What exactly are miracles ? If a person walked on water or if something appeared out of thin air from nowhere, why would the logical explanation be religious ? There could be any kind of explanation including all kinds of religious and metaphysical explanations. It could be an alien using his power, another TAO god using his power, a computer simulation, an energy from a parallel universe etc.

So miracles themselves don't really imply anything except that they are no longer within our knowlege of physics. And then why would a god want to use miracles to convince us ? because he knows how hard it would to believe in fairy tales, so what does he do, a guessing game with people, or does he like to compare miracles to logical explanations ?

This reminds me of the time I tuned into TBN(great if you need a good laugh)network when they discovered the gospel of Judas...

There was this one guy, I don't know his name, but he has a full head of gray hair. He sits alongside this creepy blonde woman that always looks like a deer caught in headlights. Furthermore, she has the typical fundie Christian woman hairdo...The "I used 25 cans of hair spray to make sure my follicles can be an antennae for god to channel the holy spirit through" look.

Anyway, they both co-anchor a christian news broadcast...

To make a longstory short upon the release of "The Da Vinci Code" and the revelation of "The gospel of Judas" you could see smoke coming out of the gray haired guy's ears. He was so pissed off about The Gospel of Judas that all objectivity and joy of regularly telling everyone that they're going to hell went out the window.

He was saying how god was going to punish us with: fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and terrorist bombings because we are now questioning things...

It was really funny. Because his head looked like it was going to explode.

There was this one guy, I don't know his name, but he has a full head of gray hair. He sits alongside this creepy blonde woman that always looks like a deer caught in headlights. Furthermore, she has the typical fundie Christian woman hairdo...The "I used 25 cans of hair spray to make sure my follicles can be an antennae for god to channel the holy spirit through" look.

Anyway, they both co-anchor a christian news broadcast...

Welcome to the world of Paul and Jan Crouch! Don't you know they are worried about our money..oops, I mean souls? :HappyCry:

Like the movies "Vanilla Sky" or "The Truman Show". In one case the guy was in a dream in another the guy was on a stage, both unaware of the ultimate nature of "REALITY".

Thanks for blowing the ending of Vanilla Sky for me!!! DAMNIT! :vent::vent::vent:

There was this one guy, I don't know his name, but he has a full head of gray hair. He sits alongside this creepy blonde woman that always looks like a deer caught in headlights

Paul and Jan Crouch! Oh god...I haven't thought of them in years...I think I'm gonna go vomit...

Furthermore, she has the typical fundie Christian woman hairdo...The "I used 25 cans of hair spray to make sure my follicles can be an antennae for god to channel the holy spirit through" look.

You think THAT'S funny...wait til you see her take her hair OFF!!!

Now I really am gonna go vomit...

Thanks for blowing the ending of Vanilla Sky for me!!! DAMNIT! :vent::vent::vent:

Sorry, I thought everyone by now had seen it. Anyways that movie is so weird that I may not have even understood it well and may have not got it at all. See for yourself.

Beware that the idea of hidden layers of reality can been found also in very sophisticated theories like :

Freud - psychoanalysis, in this case we are controlled by a hidden mind in ourselves without ever being aware of it.

Marxism - in this case we behave according to economic rules and ideologies where the haves unknowingly have organized a system to constantly rip off the have nots. Neither are aware because it is so engrained and hidden, this would be dialectical materialism, anyways a very abstract theory.

Obviously both theories have some truth to them but they are far from having all the truth. The point is that even science is constantly trying to uncover other hidden layers, mechanisms etc.

Interesting to see the connections between these ideas and religions.

Sorry, I thought everyone by now had seen it. Anyways that movie is so weird that I may not have even understood it well and may have not got it at all. See for yourself.

:scratch:

Yeah...it was a joke...sort of. I haven't seen the movie, but don't really care to anyway. I've heard it was awful and ever since the Katie Holmes thing, I've lost any and all respect for Tom Cruise.

As for the walking on the water thing, it reminds me of a very old joke.

There were two wizened, world-weary preachers and a new fresh-minted-just out of seminary one.

The two experienced ones invited the new guy on a fishing trip that Saturday.

This was one of the slightly more enlightened ones, and they had beer in the fishing boat.

The older guys informed the new one that they had been fishing in this lake for many, many years, and had the very best spot from which to fish.

The rowed the boat to the spot, dropped anchor and all three proceeded to fish.

Beer was drunk in moderation by all three, and presently, one of the older preachers announced he had to 'attend a call of nature'. Being a modist fellow, he carefully stood up in the boat, and with careful, mincing steps, walked across the water to the shore, and then on over to the local outhouse.

Neither of the two remaining clergy said a word.

Much relieved a few minutes later, the preacher returned in much the same way: with carefully placed, mincing steps he walked across the very water of the lake, and climbed back into the boat.

After a few more beers, the other old guy needed 'shore call' and proceed out of the boat - in nearly the same way, he walked across the water to shore, and back again.

By now, the newcomer was a bit embarrased; apparently, these two experienced guys were very pious sorts, and had learned the secret of walking on water.

Not to be out done, the new guy carefully stood up and announced he needed to relieve himself, too. As he stood there looking carefully at the water, one of the old guys wispered to the other:

"do you think we ought to tell him about the rocks?"