Goodbye Jesus

Protection From The Bible God

Freed

I NEED THIS! I need a greater more powerful, infinitely loving and protecting, eternally securing ENTITY to PROTECT me from the Bible God? Who the Hell would such a being be?! Please help!!! Who will protect us?! Who will take care of us?! Who will eternally and unconditionally love and secure us?!

😭😱

• Super Moderator

You.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You.

🤗🤗 Thanks.

I have to be strong!! 🧠💪

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Freed said:

I NEED THIS! I need a greater more powerful, infinitely loving and protecting, eternally securing ENTITY to PROTECT me from the Bible God? Who the Hell would such a being be?! Please help!!! Who will protect us?! Who will take care of us?! Who will eternally and unconditionally love and secure us?!

😭😱

Your pattern of thinking reminds me of myself in some ways. If you don't mind sharing, what was your childhood like?  What was your relationship with your dad when you were growing up?

I posted my testimony previously, and shared that I grew up in the USSR.  My dad was very strict.  He only knew of one way to discipline, and that was spanking.  Sometimes he'd hit me with the belt, at other times he'd use his hand or even a slipper.  Hitting was bad, but, in retrospect, it wasn't the worst.  You see, I don't remember my dad having compassion on me.  When he would be set on punishment, and told me so, I knew the punishment would come.  Even if he came home late, sometimes he'd wake us up to punish us.  Thankfully the wake up to punish part wasn't frequent but hopefully you get the idea of this attitude.  Years later, my dad shared that when he was growing up, his grandma would punish him in the same way.  She'd never have mercy on him.  Unfortunately, my dad did not learn the lesson and treated me similar to how he was treated.

But I digress.  As I was growing up in a Christian home, the idea of God the father ended up mirroring my dad.  I was fearful of God.  Fearful of Hell.  My idea of a God turned out to be the same idea as how I understood my dad to be.  Years later I learned my dad had anxieties, worries and was overwhelmed.  He treated us kids like shit but if someone had an adult talk with him right then and there, I think he'd say that he doesn't know what else to do.  But to a kid, who doesn't know how to process these things, such punishment, lack of compassion ends up creating an idea of someone who is very powerful and who doesn't give a shit that you messed up because you needed more instruction. You better get things right the first time.  And that turned out to be my idea of a God.  I'm sharing this in the hope that maybe you can learn from this experience and look back on your own childhood.  I think our childhood plays a huge part in how we turn out as adults.  Of course, I may be mistaken also.  

• Like 1

My dad and I loved each other. We both know he was my favorite parent and I was one of his favorite children. My mom was a piece of shit cunt though. I'm sorry about your dad. 🤗🤗

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, SuperBigV said:

Your pattern of thinking reminds me of myself in some ways. If you don't mind sharing, what was your childhood like?  What was your relationship with your dad when you were growing up?

I posted my testimony previously, and shared that I grew up in the USSR.  My dad was very strict.  He only knew of one way to discipline, and that was spanking.  Sometimes he'd hit me with the belt, at other times he'd use his hand or even a slipper.  Hitting was bad, but, in retrospect, it wasn't the worst.  You see, I don't remember my dad having compassion on me.  When he would be set on punishment, and told me so, I knew the punishment would come.  Even if he came home late, sometimes he'd wake us up to punish us.  Thankfully the wake up to punish part wasn't frequent but hopefully you get the idea of this attitude.  Years later, my dad shared that when he was growing up, his grandma would punish him in the same way.  She'd never have mercy on him.  Unfortunately, my dad did not learn the lesson and treated me similar to how he was treated.

But I digress.  As I was growing up in a Christian home, the idea of God the father ended up mirroring my dad.  I was fearful of God.  Fearful of Hell.  My idea of a God turned out to be the same idea as how I understood my dad to be.  Years later I learned my dad had anxieties, worries and was overwhelmed.  He treated us kids like shit but if someone had an adult talk with him right then and there, I think he'd say that he doesn't know what else to do.  But to a kid, who doesn't know how to process these things, such punishment, lack of compassion ends up creating an idea of someone who is very powerful and who doesn't give a shit that you messed up because you needed more instruction. You better get things right the first time.  And that turned out to be my idea of a God.  I'm sharing this in the hope that maybe you can learn from this experience and look back on your own childhood.  I think our childhood plays a huge part in how we turn out as adults.  Of course, I may be mistaken also.  

Wow. So many 'same stories' with different details. My dad split. He left a young woman in her twenties to care for three young children. We survived because of her family. They actually loved each other and you could feel it. A few years later she met a man that seemed wonderful. I was nine years old. Us kids (brother and sister) were happy for her. They dated three months and married. I was thrilled. Two weeks later the fear set in. We were ordered to call him dad. His first big move was an order for us to lie to him, and ourselves, every time we called him dad. Then the rest of it started to come out. He was raised strict catholic. No public schools. Archie Bunker was a girl scout compared to this man. His bigotry and prejudice eventually destroyed our family in so many ways. My family survived my dad leaving but we didn't survive the influence of the Church.

My heart goes out to all who have suffered because of religious beliefs that never had any business in our world or in our lives.