Goodbye Jesus

I'm Evil! My First Deconversion! Ha! Ha!

Gobbler

At least I made someone stop and think what they truly believe. :HaHa: My friend calls me last night and asks me to speak with her neighbor who comes up and starts talking religion with her. She gets pissed and lays into him about religion being bullshit and how it has caused hate and discontent over the last two thousand years!

Turns out he is a lay minister who speaks in tongues. When he reveals this little tidbit she calls me up, knowing my backgound in charismatic christianity, and hands him the phone. Let the games begin! :battle: Well.... it wasn't much of a battle! I had him pretty much agreeing with everything I said! He asked me about tongues and what it is used for, which I related it's all bullshit since I can still speak it! I even gave him a few lines of my holy spirit-inspired language! Then he brought up weird shit about the "end times" and how that polar bears running out of ice near the polar caps was one of the signs! :rolleyes: So basically I relate how the bible came about and how Revelations almost never made it into the bible. Ya know, how the whole thing was voted on by men at the Council of Nicea who had a political axe to grind. So he agrees with me religion is man-made.

Yet he still relates that basically all he cares about is that jesus died for his sins and he has received forgiveness for said sins. Oh, really? I asked why did he think that if we had just discussed that the bible was just written by men. For someone who professes jesus and prays over people in tongues, he didn't know much about apologetics!

So the conversation ends when I tell him that more than likely jesus never existed! My friend tells me this morning, after a good laugh, that after I hung up he just pretty much was quiet and leaves as he tells my friend, "I guess I have a lot to think about." :scratch:

My friend tells me this morning, after a good laugh, that after I hung up he just pretty much was quiet and leaves as he tells my friend, "I guess I have a lot to think about." :scratch:

Lovely! I can picture his face! :funny:

Guest Emerson

Heh, I had the same experience. A lot of our stories are so similar, we asked the tough questions and found that christians couldn't answer them and couldn't defend their faith. It doesn't really surprise me, religion for the most part isn't for smart people but for those who want easy answers.

Bad, bad, little heathen...tsk tsk!!! lol ;)

Hey, they try to convert, so why can't someone deconvert peeps, right? Good job!

Good work! :goodjob:

Guest Emerson

You're funny, but hey if he's going to keep bothering people about his religion then he got what he deserved. Its a funny thing, xtians believe and say that xtianity brings "peace" and what have you but they are so caught up in legalism, in pettiness and in everything else that hurts and alienates people.

They are the ones arguing over if pokemon are evil or not. I mean its really unbelievable. Religion does a number on people. Its good that you made this guy really think.

Gobbler, there is a place called Hell that was created for people just like you! :vent:

I'll see you there. :woohoo:

:HaHa:

I've played a significant role in deconverting at least 3 people I know of on-line. I've never tried it in the world of wetware. I don't have my instant memory (ggogle) at my disposal in that world, and have only memorized the gist of my arguments in enough detail to find the details, but not well enough to use them in an improvised debate.

At least I made someone stop and think what they truly believe. :HaHa:

Good job! *tosses over well-filled mead horn* :fdevil:

(Let's see if you know how to catch one of these without spilling it :wicked: )

Gobbler, there is a place called Hell that was created for people just like you! :vent:

I'll see you there. :woohoo:

:HaHa:

When do we get there?! :woohoo:

Bad, bad, little heathen...tsk tsk!!! lol ;)

Hey, they try to convert, so why can't someone deconvert peeps, right? Good job!

Yes, I am a bad little heathen! :HaHa: I find that after my deconversion it makes no sense to keep all this new-found knowledge to myself. I come across ignorance everyday. I am getting god-damn tired of it! This society is so permeated with the stupidity of religion of all variants it is god-damn pathetic! Jesus and his little zombies are everywhere you turn these days. Why everyone believes in jesus they say! How can you not believe in our precious jesus? Because I am a god-damn thinking person, that's why!

IMHO, it's not evil to make people think. What religion does to people is more evil.

IMHO, it's not evil to make people think. What religion does to people is more evil.

Yes, you're correct in that assumption. I am being totally facetious in thinking I am of the "Evil One" in discouraging people of their ignorance. Yet..... in american society especially, if one does not believe in the biblegod you are looked upon as someone to be pitied, shunned as it were.