Goodbye Jesus

Could Talking Monkeys Get Saved?

sixoverme

So after seeing a blip on the national geographic channel about the infamous "Coco" (monkey taught sign language who wound up teaching sign language to her children), i started thinking... What if someone told one of these monkeys the salvation story and got them saved? Now you and I know its just that, a story...but if little kids can get saved...why not a dumb ape right? what would the christian take on this be? would they belive it genuine? and if they did, would the money go to heaven or would it just die as souless as it was born? just a though...maybe we could get this out there as a a news story and see if we can fuck with the christians...hehe

Oh silly.

Apes never sinned. They don't need a savior.

In order for them to be saved, they would first have to have an eternal soul. Secondly, if they sinned or inherited sin through Adam, then they would have to receive The Holy Spirit in order to be saved.

Since, The Holy Spirit does not abide on animals, the question is moot.

In order for them to be saved, they would first have to have an eternal soul. Secondly, if they sinned or inherited sin through Adam, then they would have to receive The Holy Spirit in order to be saved.

Why don't animals have souls? What is your evidence for that?

Animals sin by Xian standards. They don't marry before the procreate, they are often selfish and seek their own interests first, they fight with and kill each other for material purposes (territory, mates, food, etc) and they don't glorify Jeezus™ with their lives. Some Xians believe animals have sould - will they all squeal in Hell therefore, since their natural lives and existences are so sinful and rotten? Most of humanity will - why not their pets?

Didn't we talk about if animals have soul or not in another thread? And there are Bible verses claiming that ANIMALS DO HAVE A SOUL. So what is it, animals have a soul (Biblical) or animals do not have soul (Christian junk religion and un-Biblical)?

Darby, Ge 1:30

and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so.

Chimps evolved somewhat after us. Probably around 5 million years ago australopithicenes (more ape like) and proto-homonids (more human like) split into their own evolutionary direction. And since our genetic material is 99.9% similar to chimps, chimps are 99.9% more like Adam then not. And even if you do not believe evolution as fact, the fact of genetics can not be changed.

So yeah, get them saved.

Think about this... monkeys can't be saved, since they can't hold the Bible... no opposable thumbs.

And from another thread we know that Bananas are made by God for man, not monkeys.

That's actually quite a lot. I don't remember the exact number, but I think we don't use more than a couple of hundred words on a regular basis.

Also it has been recently discovered that the European Starling are able to grasp some aspects of the human language such as insertion. http://www.livescience.com/animalworld/060...g_linguist.html

It's only a question of time before they can hear the salvation message and repent of their sinful animal atheism!!! :HaHa:

Does it means that some of the sermons have to be done in bird song?

And an interesting observation I did one day. Sitting on the deck, birds flying around and chirping. Two birds met in the air (not collided :) ) just crossed paths, and I heard how they changed the sound to a short tweet. And I immediately though of "Hello, how are you?" That was an amazing realization. They had different songs, and this was a short burst that I only could interpret as a greeting. That changed my view a bit on birds intelligence.

Why don't animals have souls? What is your evidence for that?

Animals sin by Xian standards. They don't marry before the procreate, they are often selfish and seek their own interests first, they fight with and kill each other for material purposes (territory, mates, food, etc) and they don't glorify Jeezus with their lives. Some Xians believe animals have sould - will they all squeal in Hell therefore, since their natural lives and existences are so sinful and rotten? Most of humanity will - why not their pets?

Also, practically all of the animal species indulge in homosexual behavior as well.

So all of the little puppies and kitties are going to rot in hell unless they find Jesus...which should be easy for them because they have superior senses.

Does it means that some of the sermons have to be done in bird song?

Maybe god will make the preachers 'sing in tongues', tweeting so to speak. That would be funny as hell! :grin:

And an interesting observation I did one day. Sitting on the deck, birds flying around and chirping. Two birds met in the air (not collided :) ) just crossed paths, and I heard how they changed the sound to a short tweet. And I immediately though of "Hello, how are you?" That was an amazing realization. They had different songs, and this was a short burst that I only could interpret as a greeting. That changed my view a bit on birds intelligence.

I wonder how developed is the 'speech' of birds. I read once that language is one of the things that allowed us to rise above the rest. By being able to word abstract concept and share it with our fellow humans we were able to build upon the knowledge of our ancestors and advance much further than we would without communication alone. But with a limited speech what would a bird make then of the concept of god? Could he even define it...? It would be like trying to taste the color blue for him so to speak.

Yeah. I don't know. But for sure that experience gave me a very different perspective of life and intelligence. And I started to listen to different bird songs, and I could tell some birds changed melody etc at times, when other birds came, dogs sneaking up and so on. Those things are just signals, but the "hello" signal was so friggin clear to me. Both birds were quite when they were flying, but when the crossed path, they had the little tweet-tweet and the quite again. It was very obvious. I always thought birds were pretty stupid.