Goodbye Jesus

Truth v Reality

Krowb

A video I found interesting to ponder and figured y'all might get some thought out of it as well: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7:45 "Organisms that saw the truth never outcompeted, never outperformed , creatures in our simulation that saw none of the truth and were just perceiving the fitness payoffs."

• Like 2

Reality is not just one single truth or fact, Its the great many ways of organizing both sensory perceptions, and everything around us that can be detected by instrumentation but are beyond our senses. EM radiation with both higher and lower frequencies than we can perceive. Sounds both higher and lower frequencies than we can perceive. Radio, telephone, television frequencies, etc. senses in the air that we cant smell. Sensory vibrations that we cant feel, There is also a reality within us that we cannot perceive, everything outside of us and beyond our detection etc. etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

I have a link to Hoffman's theory in my signature line....

hoffmanwww.dvi (uci.edu)

As far as reality and human consciousness is concerned, there are a great many related studies and science hypothesis, and maybe just as many more pseudo-science proposals.

There seems to be many ways such proposals can be put together, but one of the major ideas to consider is that our minds work very similar to other mammals and other animals in general. The primary difference between us and them is the kind of thoughts we have and their comparative complexity relative to other animals.

Like psychology, there probably will never be a consensus version of such a single theory because there are too few absolutes, and too many variables involved.

Intriguing title.

On my list to view later. Thanks for posting it.

I'm told that humans existed and evolved before there was an internet and before Youtube.

Hard to believe...  I'm skeptical.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...