Goodbye Jesus

Many scientists are atheists, but that doesn’t mean they are anti-religious

webmdave

• Admin

(The Conversation) — Two sociologists conducted interviews with atheist scientists and found that their views on religion are not as strident as the public perceives. Some even go to church.

The post Many scientists are atheists, but that doesn’t mean they are anti-religious appeared first on Religion News Service.

View the full article

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

yes webmdave, I agree. I am an atheist scientist. Although I often laugh to myself about the beliefs of religious folk, I am not hostile toward them, usually the opposite. I am not really anti-religious folk; I'm more anti the more ridiculous beliefs of religion such as the 6 day creation event, a 6 thousand year old Earth, the talking snake, suicide bombing in the name of religion, the book of Revelations, flying angels in heaven, the fires and demons in hell below (Satan's angels), etc, etc. etc.

• 1 month later...

It is unfortunate that scientists who demand evidences and proofs in their science are willing to accept hearsay and nonsense when it comes to their religion.

For them  it is like a belief in Santa Claus that they never got over because they never gave any thought about it.