Goodbye Jesus

Praying for a miracle.

Sexton Blake

I am working my way through the TV series GREY'S ANATOMY and am on season 11, episode 11.

Young Dr April Kepner is expecting a baby. Her mother is a religious nut and has brainwashed her weak minded daughter.

The real world has intruded on the daughter as in her baby in the womb has type 2 Osteogenesis imperfecta, which is brittle bone disease and even if such a baby is born alive, they often die within hours. She is distraught when she finds out that even in the womb, the foetus' bones can be breaking, but she will not consider an abortion.

Mum talks about letting the baby be born and holding it (while it undergoes great pain and suffering) till it dies.

April talks of praying for a miracle.

Back to the real world. Some 20,000 babies and children under five suffer and die every single day and God does what? You cannot tell me that most of the parents will not also be praying for a miracle, with no effect.

The problem here is that they are praying to a complete bastard. The God who the bible tells us deliberately murdered every man, woman, child, baby and animal, and every living thing because one day he suddenly decided that they were all evil.

Remembering God's boast: Isaiah 45:7  "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

If only religious people had a brain to think with.