Goodbye Jesus

Armageddon

Sexton Blake

Not until 1925 did we know that a Universe existed.

Less than 30 years ago we discovered the first planet outside our solar system and have since discovered thousands of them, and all the evidence points to trillions of trillions of planets existing.

Do christians believe that the whole Universe will suddenly end on Judgment Day, or just the Earth?

If the latter, could we avoid Judgment Day by just going to another planet?

• Like 1

When I was a Christian, these discoveries and others unsettled me a bit.  Not any more.  Scientific truth is more amazing and more inspiring than religious fiction.  

That said, even outside of religion people - being people - still are inclined to fear discoveries that go against their world view.  Whether it’s determining that sexual orientation is not chosen, or the idea that there are differences between the male brain and the female brain, people who “follow the science” are still prone to be selective.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sexton Blake said:

Not until 1925 did we know that a Universe existed.

Less than 30 years ago we discovered the first planet outside our solar system and have since discovered thousands of them, and all the evidence points to trillions of trillions of planets existing.

Do christians believe that the whole Universe will suddenly end on Judgment Day, or just the Earth?

If the latter, could we avoid Judgment Day by just going to another planet?

From my readings, there are almost countless Christian beliefs concerning other planets and extraterrestrial life.

Some believe other planets do not exist and that astronomers are imagining such things via false evidence. Others believe that other planets do exist but if so none support life. Many Christians believe God created life only here on Earth.

Many Christians believe that if life exists elsewhere, none of it would be important or complex like animal or human life here on Earth.

I expect that those who believe in Judgement Day, also would believe that life would end everywhere except the life on Earth that would co-exist with a perfect Earth according to some interpretations of the Bible -- where the lion and lamb would live together in harmony. Some BS right?