Goodbye Jesus

Was Jesus the first communist?

Sexton Blake

Jesus believed that all were equal so he had no use for money or owning property and that all receives according to their needs.

He told Pilate that all should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's so believed in the State owning all.

21 hours ago, Sexton Blake said:

Jesus believed that all were equal so he had no use for money or owning property and that all receives according to their needs.

He told Pilate that all should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's so believed in the State owning all.

Sort of communist I guess.  I think the idea was that everything naturally belonged to god so people could simply take it as they needed it.  This isn't strictly communism though since I don't think this relates to all businesses but more like agriculture.  So whatever grows, plants or animals, are essentially a shared commodity and humans are the caretakers.  God will simply make it all work for us, like he does for the animals, and we can eat when hungry.  I suppose this might extend to living as well.  Just set up camp wherever.  But I imagine if you make things, like clothes or pottery, then those things aren't public just the raw materials for making them.

Also, the Roman state didn't own everything, and neither did the Emperor as head of that state, so I'm pretty sure that's not what that statement means.

mwc