Goodbye Jesus

My Kids & Christian Summer Camp

SunNSand4me

My kids are returning this summer to a camp that's pretty evangelical. It's a real cool camp -- lots of bells and whistles and great activities, but they do inject Jesus into every event. When parents pick up their kids at the end of the week, they hear the whole salvation message and are led in prayer. :close:

I'm pretty much stuck with them going this year since they've been going for a couple years, but I'd like to start talking about other options for next summer.

Sports or arts camps would be good alternatives. Any other ideas?

My kids are returning this summer to a camp that's pretty evangelical. It's a real cool camp -- lots of bells and whistles and great activities, but they do inject Jesus into every event. When parents pick up their kids at the end of the week, they hear the whole salvation message and are led in prayer. :close:

I'm pretty much stuck with them going this year since they've been going for a couple years, but I'd like to start talking about other options for next summer.

Sports or arts camps would be good alternatives. Any other ideas?

I have always wondered if there was some secular camps around.

Camps with good fun, clearly not religious. but NOT clearly anti-religious.

A good martial arts class. One that exposes them to the culture the art comes from. They will learn respect, discipline, and a deep appreciation fo a nonwestern "christian" infused culture.......all while they are having fun, getting physical, and enjoying themselves.