Goodbye Jesus

Who does God like?

Sexton Blake

Living in the rich first world, it is easy to say that God loves us, which is why we have a good life.

So what does that say about people living in the poor third world?

5b8eec1b8905f26a068b50ca.jpg

dsc02732.jpg

A valid point, so easily lost on apologists.

There's a verse for every situation to be found in the bible.  Found success- God did it.  Found failure - God is testing you/Satan did it.  Life is good - to God be the glory; life sucks- God is testing you / mysterious ways / higher than our thoughts, ways higher than our ways / God's purpose.

Heads I win and tails you lose in its final form.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

I used to have the t-shirt:

Jesus loves you

But I'm his favorite.

God loves simple life forms the most. 😁   It is my understanding they have survived global catastrophies when higher beings did not.

I am working my way through GREY'S ANATOMY, a TV series that seems to be mostly about the sex lives of doctors and interns in a Seattle Hospital.

A doctor name April Kepner is a devout god botherer, though she does slip at times.

In season 14, her last, she has some serious things happen to her and loses her faith and then hates god and so becomes slutty and an alcoholic (she lost her god based morals).

But a dying Jew talks to her and basically tells her that shit happens and suddenly she is kissing god's ass again. It was very unconvincing.

Someone I worked with is a devout roman catholic. His granddaughter got meningitis and nearly died. Fortunately she recovered after treatment.

He admitted later that he had nearly lost his faith over it, that if she had died, he would have lost his religion.

Is religion just for the good times, or the hope of a better life from god?