Goodbye Jesus

God Is In Control...i Guess

bob

How's your dad today? He's okay after all this? (Sorry if it's too personal.)
He's doing alright. He gets bad headaches every now and then, but the doctors told him that those could happen for several years or the rest of his life. :shrug:

I knew a girl ones that were in a small car accident, and the hospital couldn't find anything wrong, but she had headaches a lot after that. Could be a pinched nerve in the neck, I guess.

I think some big-shot Christians did say the Katrina hurricane was a punishment from God for the gay community in NO.

Yes, many of them did.

But they had it wrong.

It was because of all that shellfish.

:nono:

I think Job is probably the most dangerous book in the bible. Encourages women to stay with abusive husbands, encourages creative bright people to 'stick it out' in crap employment, makes people think that suffering is a virtue.

Scary really.

Very true; I referred to the Job myth a lot when I looked for reasons to tolerate bad situations, and had I avoided such horrible advice, I'd be better off most likely - or at least out of Xianity sooner. The Job myth reinforces the lie of Yahooweh looking out for a person. Even in the myth, Yahooweh does a shit job of looking out for Job.

Actually, Job, if read carefully, is one of the more contraversial books.

The philosophy of Job in a nutshell is: "sh*t happens to everyone. Deal with it"

This idea goes against the prevaling culture of the OT, that if Something Bad Happens, then You Did Something Bad To Cause It.

And if Something Good Happens: You are A Devout and Pious Person.

Thus they could justify the ill treatment of the poor and downtrodden; either they or their forefathers obviously sinned, and caused them to be poor.

And, they could justify the rich oppressing the poor; they would NOT be rich unless God allowed it, could they? God MUST be rewarding them for Good Behaviour.

But, the book of Job flies in the face of all that; if read carefully, it does.

I think some big-shot Christians did say the Katrina hurricane was a punishment from God for the gay community in NO.

Yes, many of them did.

But they had it wrong.

It was because of all that shellfish.

:nono:

Must've been their bad accents, but I thought they said "because of all that are selfish." But you know, us Swedes can't really make out what you Americans say sometimes. :lmao:

The philosophy of Job in a nutshell is: "sh*t happens to everyone. Deal with it"

I agree. Job doesn't really match the "normal" theology, since Job is declared "righteous" in there.(without checking I think it even say he was the most righteous at that time) So acting and doing the right thing, living correctly, doesn't help. And what's interesting too, is that Noah was righteous, and that's why he was saved and everyone else killed. So there's no way out if you're righteous or not. Comes back to Romans, that it's up to Glob to decide, we have no options or choices. It's already set. Live the life to the fullest, because if you're gonna go to hell, let's go there with a bang!

To me, Job is perfectly in line with OT thinking, ie, that Yahooweh™ has the right to fuck you over because he's Gawd and whatever he wants must be good by default.

Funny how she never asks why Gawd would let her dad die of lymphoma.

Don't you get it? Clearly, transportation to the funeral is far more imporant than the life of the deceased!

This page offers a view of the situation:

Imagine God sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven looking down upon Earth, seeing every detail. God speaks:

• "Look at all of those praying people getting tortured in that death camp. Excellent! I won't do anything to stop that. And look at that little girl down there being raped and murdered. Perfect! She is praying like mad, and so is her mother, but I won't do anything to stop that. And there are three terrorists preparing to blow up a church and kill 1,500 people who are saying the Lord's Prayer to me right now. Outstanding! I won't do anything to stop that. How wonderful it is that 1,000 prayerful people will die of starvation today in Ethiopia. I love it! I won't do anything to stop that. Oh… and there's little Suzy Jankins praying that I remove that pimple from her nose for her big date with Chad tomorrow. Let me go help Suzy right now…"

Your Ex is suffering from this sort of delusion. She believes that she has a "personal relationship" with Jesus, and Jesus is answering her trivial prayers every day. Meantime, Jesus allows 10 million children to die of starvation every year.

It is amazing that Christians can believe what they believe. It requires a complete suspension of intellect. This page looks at some of their motivations for behaving this way, and I believe that he is right, but the reality of it remains starling.

Good story fishapod, just one more action from God that should be added:

"Ah, I see a non-Christian sinner thinking dirty thoughts, I have to send a hurricane and kill all innocent in the city, but I'll leave him alone."

Guest Emerson

To me, Job is perfectly in line with OT thinking, ie, that Yahooweh has the right to fuck you over because he's Gawd and whatever he wants must be good by default.

Yahooweh? Lol. You're funny. :lmao::woohoo:

To me, Job is perfectly in line with OT thinking, ie, that Yahooweh™ has the right to fuck you over because he's Gawd and whatever he wants must be good by default.

Yahooweh? Lol. You're funny. :lmao::woohoo:

Funny like Jeezus, the Scum of Gawd™ funny? :HaHa:

I have a friend with a PhD in science who believes she has a husband thanks to God. :shrug: