Goodbye Jesus

Short Film!

deepblue

You might remember I put up a thread a while back about making a film to expose the church.

I've had a little go at a short slideshow with music. Just put it up on my site. Written from a "real Christian" point of view (is there really such a thing? I'm certainly not one).

Not sure about Christianity myself but church didn't help one bit.

Jon.

www.antichurch.org.uk

www.antichurch.org.uk

Bravo! Very well done. I left faith when I realized faith was not a valid means of obtaining knowledge, but for many, I think your film would cause question. Unfortunately, it would probably drive just as many to fundamentalism rather than liberation.

www.antichurch.org.uk

Bravo! Very well done. I left faith when I realized faith was not a valid means of obtaining knowledge, but for many, I think your film would cause question. Unfortunately, it would probably drive just as many to fundamentalism rather than liberation.

Cheers. I agree that people could go in either direction as a result of watching it.

Guest maeon3

spamandham - You said faith was not a good way of obtaining knowledge. I totally agree with you that faith is never the way to obtain knowledge. Who told you that faith would give you knowledge? Asking questions, reading books, doing experiments and critical thinking is the way of obtaining knowledge.

When I was first taught about things related to Christianity 5 years ago it was the turning point in my life where I started asking "why" a whole lot more than before. Each day knowledge is more valuable than its ever been. So I am a living example where spiritual teaching (be it true or false) was the point in my life where I started taking this game seriously and trying to find out why the heck I am here.

spamandham - You said faith was not a good way of obtaining knowledge. I totally agree with you that faith is never the way to obtain knowledge. Who told you that faith would give you knowledge?

That's what faith is - belief without sufficient evidence. If you have sufficient evidence, it's no longer faith. Faith is a claim of knowledge where no such claim is justifiable.

When I was first taught about things related to Christianity 5 years ago it was the turning point in my life where I started asking "why" a whole lot more than before.

Must be something in the water, that's about when I first realized that faith was invalid, which led to my eventual deconversion.

Guest Mr. XC

If you have sufficient evidence, it's no longer faith. Faith is a claim of knowledge where no such claim is justifiable.

You will like this quote: "Faith is not needed where certainty exists." -- Betty Brogaard