Goodbye Jesus

Fewer Than 1 In 5 Catholics Attend Mass In Boston

Evelyn

Interesting report. The sex scandal did tremendous damage to the church. Their main concern is a lack of priests. There are virtually no new people training to be priests in my area. they are already closing schools and churches and i see this trend continuing in a big way. By the way i am one of those "lapsed catholics" who quickly wants to become agnostic at least and hopefully atheist. thanks, gary

Sounds like good news to me :) Catholics don't have much Babble-propaganda to deal with, but weaning them away from their rituals is key to getting them out of the cult.

The lack of priests thing, along with the lack of attendance (which in their eyes will excarberate the former), may actually force the RCC to finally pull a good bit of that stick out of their ass (not that it would get me to go back, but it may be nice for family of mine that is still in).

Back before I became a heritic we had a name for the vast majoirty of Catholics: Poinsetta Catholics (or Poinsettas), since the only time they would come to a church, other than for hatch, match, and dispatch would be Easter and Xmas, the two times a year that there are Poinsettas on the altar (at least in my neck of the woods).