Goodbye Jesus

"the Beast" Movie Date Postponed

SilentLoner

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about the movie "The Beast" for a few months, and since they said it was coming out on June 6, 2006 I thouht I would ahve heard something.

Turns out its been postponed, according to the movie forum. :Hmm:

Kinda sucks, it was a catchy release date. One-chance kind of thing.

Oh well, as long as its coming out.

http://www.community.thebeastmovie.com/vie...41ca8aa1a928d0a

Darn! Now they have to wait until 2666! I won't see the movie now! :vent:

:grin:

Well My goodness, My first reaction to this news was BFD. :Wendywhatever: As I thought it was just going to be another traumatizing scare mindfuck put out by the fundys. I went and did a Google search for a synopsis of the movie and I'll be, It will definitely make my MUST see when it comes out! I think the best finger in the eye to fundys is have it released on 6/6/6 that kinda bites that's not going to happen! I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for news and reviews on this, Thanks for the post!

Did they happen to mention why it was postponed? I mean, damn -- they've been advertising the 6/6/06 release date for years now. Now to find out that they're not going to release it on that date, well -- it's kinda making me want to go back to Jesus'n stuff. :shrug:

:HaHa:

Seriously now, did they mention why the date got moved out?

Did they happen to mention why it was postponed? I mean, damn -- they've been advertising the 6/6/06 release date for years now.

:unsure: Years? Where the hell have I been this is the first I've heard..

Did they happen to mention why it was postponed? I mean, damn -- they've been advertising the 6/6/06 release date for years now.

:unsure: Years? Where the hell have I been this is the first I've heard..

Not years as in years-years, but yeah, I think this movie has been talked about and planned for that release date for a couple of years now. At least I'm pretty sure.

well still I can't believe I haven't heard about this before.

Are you guys sure? I just saw Silent Hill last night and the preview still put it for the 6/6/6 :fdevil:

Hehe check out what I found while researching :

http://forums.airlinepilotcent ral.com/archive/index.php/t-96 6.html

Fun for the whole family! :grin:

:HappyCry: D'oh! I was looking foward to battling through throngs of fundie Xtain crowds surrounding the town's theatre to see that movie when it came out. (If it ever comes out to this town, we only have one movie theatre. Of course, it'll definitaly play somewhere in the city.) Oh well... a little more waiting won't hurt anything... As long as it still come out. :woohoo:

The Omen will be released on 6/6/06; that was the trailer played before Silent Hill.

Aw crap my bad... the date must have fooled me. I did laugh at the trailer though so it probably wasn't The Beast.

So you saw Silent Hill... how was it? Me, having played the game (and finished it again the night before), I think it's the creepiest, most disgusting, horriblest movie ever.. making it the best Horror I've ever seen!! I mean I saw plenty of horror movies in my life but I laughed at most of them and not much have been able to scare me for real. But this, it's really horrible... I don't want to give some spoilers for those who haven't seen it. But for those who've played the game you'll find it's really true to the game, the atmosphere and all even though they changed the storyline. I just might go see it again on a cheap tuesday night.

:HappyCry: D'oh! I was looking foward to battling through throngs of fundie Xtain crowds surrounding the town's theatre to see that movie when it came out. (If it ever comes out to this town, we only have one movie theatre. Of course, it'll definitaly play somewhere in the city.) Oh well... a little more waiting won't hurt anything... As long as it still come out. :woohoo:

I don't think there's really any need to worry on that account. Regardless of the release date, a crowd of self-righteous jack-offs and maybe even a few genuinely well-intentioned folks are all but guaranteed to turn out for the event.

It does kind of suck that they won't be able to make the 6/6/06 release date, given the theme and intent of the movie, but it doesn't bother me too much. In a way, it could be seen as a different way of sticking it to the fundies--by refusing to acknowledge the superstitious significance lumped onto the date. After all, as far as we're concerned, June 6 2006 is no different than any other day in the progression of our calendar.

Either that, or the date move is a hoax to throw people off. :scratch:

Wouldn't it be neat if they stuck to this story all the way up until the 5th, only to have the movie released the day after anyway? :HaHa:

Hehe, that would be pretty cool.

Even though I don't believe in that stuff anymore the Omen still scares the shit out of me...lol.

I may pass. haha.

Anyone else think this guys a xian????

http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/beast_movie.html :scratch:

The demonic phony plot is to "prove" that the Lord Jesus never even existed, while at the same time paint Christians as crazed lunatics. So what’s new? This has been the lofty goal of Satan and his unholy hounds of hell for the last two thousand years.

You know... I can't tell the real xians from the parodies anymore. I have no idea if this is real....

But if he's a xian, he has no sense of irony.

WHY DID YOU GO AND SCARE ME WITH THAT PICTURE OF 'IT' :eek: PENNYWISE..................................

I HAVE A REAL FEAR OF CLOWNS...........

AHHHHHHHHHH..................... :vent:

Anyone else think this guys a xian????

http://www.av1611.org/othpubls/beast_movie.html :scratch:

Oh absolutely. AV1611.org is radical right wing fundamentalist christian and is NOT a parody. They're the idiots that think the King James version of the Bible is the only true bible. I fought with them a lot while I was a christian myself. If you think it's bad debating with your standard run of the mill xian, try debating one of these KJVOnly morons.

:banghead:

Three Cheers for the postponement of the Beastvomit movie and three hisses for the AV1611 people.

I'm still going to celebrate 6-6-06, movie or no. I'm going to walk the streets naked covered in oatmeal, ranting against capitalism, and then flip off a box of kittens and punch a baby in the face.