Goodbye Jesus

Jesus in the exam room

older

My wife went to urgent care this morning because she fell last week and her knee has been quite painful since. It's had a joint replacement and she was concerned that she'd damaged it. Fortunately it's OK and feeling better.

But when she was seen in the urgent care joint, after asking my wife what the problem was, the medic (she doesn't think this woman was a doctor) then asked how my wife was doing spiritually. Wifey said she really didn't want to discuss that, but would rather just focus on the knee. The medic then asked if perhaps they could pray together. WTF?? Wifey said that Ms. Medic could pray on her own if she wished, and Ms. Medic said, "Now?" Wifey said not now, but later, on her own time.

So wifey finally got the x-ray and good news, but sheesh. 

Wifey doesn't want to report this, but I sure as hell would. IMHO this is a major violation of professional standards.

I believe I've reported here some years back about a doc who said "blessed" a few too many times during my exam. That was the last time I saw him. And I also think I reported here the dentist who has a Jesus radio station playing in the treatment rooms. The tech who was cleaning my teeth was humming along to the tunes, between the station DJ commenting on sin and the devil. I wrote a letter to the dentist about this and we'll see if there is a change at our next visit in a few weeks. If If it's still playing, it will be the last time I go there. 

If I want Jesus to heal me, I'll go to a church. Otherwise keep that shit out of the exam room!

• Confused 1

Even if this is a Catholic or other church affiliated clinic, I would report it to managament.  I worked in Catholic hospitals for years, and never saw anyone get that pushy about spiritual stuff.  If anything the professional people might ask if the patient would llike a chaplin to come in, but never saw one like your wife encountered.  That is not professional, what ever her profession is.

Iv'e been having a lot of medical appointments lately, and I'll swear they are dragging people in off the streets to work for them.  As are a lot of other businesses.

• Like 2

Well, Wifey is very non-confrontational. She won't report it. I sure would have. I would have dismissed Ms. Medic on the spot and asked for someone else to treat me.

• Like 1

How am I doing spiritually? Well I'm great...but I got a word from Jesus about you when I walked in the door. He knows what you did. You know what I'm talking about. He says you better take care of it asap. 

• Like 1

Are you sure it was Jesus, and not Santa Claus who talked to you?